Chapter 93: Wrath Of A Mother; Part 2

With Rosē and Rachel engaged to the titans, the rest of Itzy, Lovelyz, Alexa, and Wheein are engaging the foot soldiers. And Ryujin is right. All of the enemies has been fully mechanized and only by shooting them close range the bullet has enough penetration power to damage the enemies.

To make thing worse, their communication is jammed, isolating them from the rest of their forces. So JiU's Dreamcatcher was just a bait to lure Kingsglaives out of their nest, and whatever it is, Claudius and Seungri's objective is here. Outnumbered and seemingly outmatched, their chance of survival is growing slimmer by the seconds.

"Ugh!" Jiae grunts, thrown to the ground. The high caliber bullet hits her abdomen clean, leaving her on her own small pool of blood on the ground. The enemy is about to finishes her but Lia is faster, blasting the upper body of her target into smithereens with her Gauss cannon.

"Kei! Mijoo! Get down!" Lia roars, her palms glowing red. A thin red line with a length of 15 metres shoots out from her palm, and swift as lightning she spins, dismembering her enemies using the laser thread. Kei and Mijoo luckily duck just in time before the lasers reaches them, hearing thunks of falling body part of their enemies on the ground.

"Yah! Give us a fucking head's up before you do that, you fucking lump of turd!" Kei pushes the heavy cyborg's part off her.

"I said 'Get Down', didn't I?!" Lia snaps back, lifting Jiae up back to safety.

And Jiae is not looking good. The bleeding is profuse and has a steady flow. Using her X-Ray scan, the bullet took out quite an amount of her liver; the source of her bleeding and it is only a matter of time before her condition gets worse.

"Jiae! What do I do?!" Untrained in first aid and combat medical routines, Lia slaps Jiae for her attention.

"My... My left thigh. There's a medkit." Immediately Lia rummages Jiae's left thigh for the said item, handing it to Jiae. Jiae opens the medkit, taking out a huge syringes-like device filled with what can be seen as tablets and hands it to Lia.

"What do I do with this? Where's the fucking needle?!"

"Shove it into my entry wound and inject the content. It'll stop the bleeding." Jiae unzips her vest, trying to pull up her shirt underneath.

Lia quickly swats her hand away, doing it in her stead instead. Doing as instructed, she places the tip of the injector into the entry wound, pushing down the plunger. Tens of small, expandable cellulose sponge tablets injected into the wound. The sponges expand on contact with blood in just 20 seconds, blocking its flow out of the body.

"It temporarily stops the bleeding, so tell everyone to hurry the fuck up. I ain't planning to die here!" Jiae drags herself up, trying to reach for her assault rifle. But Lia halts her, leaning her against cover.

"You won't. I won't let you. I won't let you..." Lia assures Jiae, handing her the rifle and a few magazines.

"Just cover us from here." Lia smiles at Jiae, dashing out of the cover to join back the fight.

-

"I hope that's not the end of it, my lady." Claudius taunts Rosē, who is battered and bloodied from the fight with him. But compared to Claudius, Claudius seems so fresh, as if he is just finished suiting up for a gala.

"Ouh, there are more. Stay tuned." Rosē spits the blood out of her mouth, along with two of her teeth. But somehow Claudius seems to be taken aback, cynical on his face.

"Really? I thought this was your Ark Release. Should there be any more tier above that?" The question seems earnest, but coming from the likes of him it sounded like a pure mockery.