Chapter 84: Why We Fight

"Eeerggh!!! Fuck!!!" Seungri groans, shifting his body up on the bed.

The reinforcement procedure is done, now he and Claudius are recuperating in their own ward. When Seungri entered this world, his ability is halved due to Minzy's Zeus Redemption, making his regenerative slower than it used to be. Not only that, Minzy left the mark of her vengeance on Seungri; the Lichtenberg figures, or lightning flower all over his body and face, making him looking hideous.

The same can be said with Claudius. Myoho Muramasa had sealed all of his abilities but one; materializing any weapon he imagined out of nothing. When Minzy reset the state of their world with the Relic of Balthazar, Claudius lost all of his memories, and even his towering body; reverting his state back when he was a teenager, bringing him into this world with a blank slate.

Claudius was the first one who set foot in this world before Lisa, dropping right into the heart of the early Civilization of Aezoic. But even if he is void of memories, his body remembers his own notoriety. Driven by that, in the span of 11 months, the Civilization of Aezoic is his. And thus beginning the reign of shadow of Claudius Wolfhart.

Then, enter Seungri; found half dead in the Desert of Chizu. Claudius immediately realized who Seungri is despite not knowing his identity; a traveller from the different world, just like him. Though one thing that made him wonder. Why Seungri is so afraid of him.

Once back up on his feet, Claudius began to dig up for Seungri's stories. So all the blanks in his head now filled up; who he was, where he came from, what was their relationship, who were their enemies, and how did they end up here. But Seungri was totally surprised by Claudius' answer.

"Sorry. Can't remember shit. Although I will take my name; Claudius Wolfhart. That's such a cool as name, instead of Al Saheer. And there's no need for you to be afraid of me anymore. Instead of being your boss, let's work together." Claudius extends his hand to Seungri.

"My liege, you really lost your memories?"

"Afraid so. But fuck it. This is a gift. So, let's start over. Want to take over the world with me for one last time?" Claudius extends his hand to Seungri.

Seungri is sure perplexed by his action for all the time they knew each other, it is an unrefuted fact that Claudius hated Seungri's guts. The only reason that Seungri was alive was Seungri could do his job perfectly and the results were always beyond expectation. But somehow, this Claudius is different. He somehow gives the same vibe as Calintz when they first met.

"Look. I might be an ass to you in our previous encounter, and for that I apologize. I dunno why I did that, nor I want to remember why. Like I said before, let's start over?"

"My liege...." Seungri just stares straight into Claudius' eyes, and it is not over exaggerating to say he is touched by his gesture. It took the lost of Claudius' memories for Claudius to be close with Seungri.

"Even a twisted psychopath can be touch with a little kindness, I guess...." Seungri  grabs onto Claudius' hand, commemorating their partnership.

They erased their existence throughout history, pulling the strings of the tyrants to dance to their tunes. And they were successful until the rise of their nemesis; Kingsglaive. Kingsglaive has posed to be their biggest headache in their journey of world conquest. Their strategies were vicious, precise, and successfully foiled their campaign numerous time.

As much as Kingsglaive is turning the world upside down to find those behind the world's cataclysm, the Eye of Horus is doing the same. Something about how Kingsglaive is doing things feel awfully similar to theirs. Claudius postulates that maybe someone survived the reset, thrown into this world too. It was until at the beginning of the The Great War Eye of Horus uncovered those behind Kingsglaive.