Chapter 88: Road to Redemption

The black MT10 darted through the traffic in the highway at full speed, disregarding every rule and side mirrors there were. The owner of the bike seems occupied with her thoughts that she could not care less about what her reckless riding behaviour could do to the people around her and herself. She only cares to reach the destination as soon as possible.

When she arrives, she sees a black carrier about to land from her far left, making her twisting the throttle to the the max to catch the carrier. At the last corner she skids through, lowering her gear and continuing blazing her path away. She sees a couple of black SUVs parked about 100 meters from the runway with their contents waiting outside, smoking.

"Isn't that Yuqi?" Jin raises her eyebrow as she sees the black MT10 coming towards them. Lovelyz is tasked to transport Mecha Division and Loona back to base from the airstrips, and much to Mijoo and Soul's discontentment, still they abided by the order given without any qualm.

Mainly because the one that gave the order was Alice.

"What is she doing here?" Jisoo extinguishes her cigarette, blowing out the last trail of smokes from her lungs. Yuqi parks her bike close to the SUVs, taking off her helmet. She puts on her sunglasses, walking towards Lovelyz.

"Hey, girls. Been a while." Yuqi greets the Lovelyz. All of them giving her a slight nod, just for the sake of professionality.

Olivia stops on her track as soon as she sees Yuqi. For one, she did not expect Yuqi to be here at all. Not to mention with all the haloo baloo they were having, why would Yuqi; the irritated one would be waiting for Olivia?

"Oi! Don't stand in the middle of the path, you tree! Move!" Yeojin pushes Olivia forward, clicking her tongue at Olivia's action. But somehow, every one of Loona is piling at the mouth of the carrier, peering at the sight afar.

"That's Yuqi, right?" Chuu pinches her own cheek, wincing at the pain she inflicted upon herself. So she is not seeing things after all.

"That is.... Surreal...." Haseul frowns. Her expression sure reflects the others, and now joining them is the maknae.

"Holy fuck! Someone's waiting for Olivia? When did this ever happened?!" Yeojin teased Olivia. Olivia somehow starting to blushes red, making her own team gasp in horror.

"Did.... Did Olivia just.... blushed?!" Gowon points at Olivia, her jaw clenches at Olivia's expression. All of them immediately hugging each other tight, trembling at the bizarre occurrence in front of them.

"I told you we lost Olivia back at that room!" Yeojin hisses at Haseul, peeking over Jinsoul's arm.

Olivia, on the hand is lost in her own thought. Locking eyes with Yuqi left her with hundreds of question with no answer. Right now, a feeling that is so foreign to her overwhelms her, immobilizing her from taking another step forward. But someone managed to snap Olivia out of her vortex of uncertainty.

"Go. A woman won't just simply stand there waiting for someone that doesn't carry any meaning in her life." Lily gently pushes Olivia forward. Olivia stares at Lily, wondering what she meant by that. Behind Lily the cyborgs are all giving Olivia a naughty smile, shooing her away. And Olivia did just that.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Princess." Olivia scratches her cheek, averting her eyes from Yuqi's.

Yuqi flips her ponytail to her side, unclasping the silver necklace on her neck. She grabs tight on Olivia's left wrist, opening Olivia's palm before slapping the necklace on it.

"Welcome home." Yuqi mutters underneath her breath, just enough for Olivia to hear before walking away to her bike. Brushing her hair back, she puts on her helmet, revving her MT10 before leaving the area with a trail of dust behind her.