5

Cari POV:

"So, as you and Shannon are now on okay terms, you wouldn't mind if i invite her away with us for my birthday?" alex said hesitantly.

It was Alex's birthday in two weeks, and we have organised to go on a weekend away to San Francisco. There was about 10 of us going, not including Shannon.

Alex had mentioned shannon coming before, but this was before we ran into eachother a week ago, and before that we were not on good terms.

"yeah, i guess, i think we are fine now, i haven't spoken to her since last week, but i think that would be okay, just ask her" i replied

"i'm ringing her now" alex quickly said, bringing out her phone and dialling shannon's number

Alex: "Hey shannon, it's alex"

Shannon: "hey, what's up, how are you?"

Alex: "i'm just ringing to see if you wanted to come to San Francisco with a few of us for my birthday weekend"

Shannon: "oh, yeah, that would be great! i'll have to move a few things around, but i'll be there, thanks"

..

They continued to talk for a bit, and i pretended not to listen, but both Alex and I knew i was.

The conversation did get boring, and they drifted into talking about something random, and i zoned out. But my ears suddenly perked up again when i herd my name

Shannon: "Have you asked cari about this, is she okay with me coming, i don't want to ruin your weekend by us being weird"

Alex: "no, i spoke to her, she's fine, and she's sat right next to me, probably listening to this phone call, so you're coming"

"Alex!" i shouted, before getting up and heading out. i had a studio session in half an hour that i needed to leave for, and i also felt weird listening to this conversation.