12

Cari POV

"thank you for driving me" i said as we pulled up outside by apartment building

"anytime" i smiled

"i need to go, i'm running late, but i'll text you, figure we need to talk about this weekend" 

"yeah, okay, no rush, find me when you're ready" shannon says

what does no rush mean? does she not want to talk about what has just happened. we spent the whole weekend acting like we were still together and madly in love. she slept in my bed. i slept in hers. we had sex.

i was overthinking it, but it stressed me out, so i just got out of the car and waved her off before heading up to my apartment with all of my luggage.

it was a quick drop off before i had to head to the studio. John and carter were going to meet me there a bit later, i had told them that i was working on something and i wasn't ready for them to hear it yet. 

i'm working on a song for shannon. i started writing it in San Francisco, after we had spent the night together.

...

Shannon POV

After dropping cari off i headed home, i had a lot to think about. this weekend was really really good, but also has left me in a weird place.

Cari and i were great in san francisco, but we were in ur own bubble there, now we are back to the real world. the world of social media and other peoples opinions.

I want the best for cari and I, but i'm still not sure if that would happen if we are together or not. if we were to give it another shot, i don't think i could survive another break up with her. i'd be in it for the long haul. and i don't know if i'm ready for that, or if she is ready. 

its all or nothing, and i don't know if cari would be on the same page

I don't know why its so complicated. surely it should be easy. I love her, she loves me, what more is there to it.

my brain was going into overdrive thinking about this, so i decided to try and distract myself by going for a walk

...

A few days later

Shannon POV:

I still haven't heard from cari, at all. We got back from San Francisco 4 days ago now. When i dropped her off she said she would text me, but i haven't received anything.

I could just text her, if i was that desperate. but something was stopping me.

this was all so frustrating.

part of me just wanted to hop in my car right now and go and see her, but again, i was stopping myself. i figured she would of texted me if she was ready.

Later on that day, i checked twitter because my notifications were going mad. It was my fans. Cari had unfollowed me on instagram and everyone wanted to know what was happening. even i didn't know where this had come from, we were fine, or so i thought. 

...

It's now been a week. I haven't seen or heard anything from Cari, but today i've decided i'm going to go over there, i hate all this unknown. what the hell was going on

soon enough i was knocking on her door, but for it to be answered by Alex, not who i was looking for

"shit, shannon, now isn't a good time" alex said, with the door only half open and so that she positioned herself b]in the crack so i couldn't see in

"i'm just here to speak to cari, is she not in?" i replied, kind of confused

"oh, you just missed her, sorry, maybe come back in a few days?" alex said with a strange look on her face

"Alex, who's at the door?" i herd coming from inside, followed by a few giggles. it was cari. it was cari's voice.

"alex just let me see her" i said pushing on the door, but alex out her foot in it's path to stop it from opening very wide.

It was wide enough, however, for me to be able to see what was going on inside.

My heart sunk in that moment

Cari was sat on the sofa cuddling up to some other person.

"no way" i said, shocked. i turned around and just walked

"shannon wait" alex shouted behind me

"what alex, what can you say to me. you know, me and cari are still broken up, but i didn't expect her to hop into bed with someone new less than a week after she was telling me she loved me, let alone did i expect you to sit there and let it happen, and lie to me face about it" i said with tears running down my face

Cari had now emerged from the apartment, she didn't say anything. she just looked at me, emotionless and empty.