s1:ep28→mom, why

╭─────────────────╮
ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ²⁸
❝𝙈𝙊𝙈, 𝙒𝙃𝙔❞
╰─────────────────╯

"So, is this your plan?"

Kusuo squinted into the darkness, he can vaguely trace your figure that's creepily standing in the corner of his room. You're like his personal sleep-paralysis demon. "Did you even tell your father that you're sleeping here?"

"Actually, my plan begins tomorrow; this is only impromptu."

After the whole ordeal of Kusuo finding you frolicking around the park in the dead of night with a knife in hand, you insisted to have a last-minute sleepover in the psychic's house for extra protection from your stalkers. He heavily disagreed but you managed to barge your way in. You always do.

"I don't give a damn if my old man gets a heart attack just because I'm not home." You glowered, slouching into the corner even further. " More importantly, Mrs. Saiki won't mind, right?"

"She'd be very ecstatic if anything if she ever saw you coming out of my room." He griped, furrowing his eyebrows ever so slightly.

"Huh, why?"

". . ." He looks at you in mild disbelief. Can't you even figure that out yourself?

Even though you can't see his face through the veil of darkness, you can feel his disappointment just from the silence alone. This was always a problem for you: sometimes, the teenager openly expresses his distaste, which you can quickly correct yourself, but there are moments where he gives you the silent treatment like a sulky girlfriend who got mad because her lover didn't remember their anniversary.

"Oi, Kusuo, answer me."

"Shut up. I'm going back to sleep." He yanked his blanket over him and let the duvet engulf him whole in one quick motion, leaving you in your own devices.

Surprisingly, you remained quiet, allowing the psychic to quickly fall asleep and prepare for another day of headache.

. . .Well, It was peacefully quiet until you started silently snickering. "Hehehe. . . yes, go to sleep, Kusuo. I'll just stand in the corner and keep watch."

Well, that was creepy. "With a knife?"

"Yes, I'll keep watch with a knife in hand. You need to be extra prepared for situations likes this." Paranoid, your eyes kept flittering between his bedroom's door and the window and Saiki can practically smell the anxiety emanating through you from where he's resting.

As expected, you were met with silence.

You nervously shifted your feet, leaning from one leg to another whenever a minute passed. It was pitch black outside, and the only light source was the moonlight shining through his window. What fuels your anxiety more is the rustling noises from outside.

Alright, let's just think about happy thoughts, you clenched your eyes close, trying to calm your mind from creating any more unrealistic situations.

Happy thoughts. . . happy thoughts. . .

Now that you think about it, the only time you got happy was when you finally got your first phone. Sad.

Unexpectedly, a hand grabbed yours, causing you to let out a screech but you were immediately cut off by another hand clamping down your mouth. Is this it? Are you going to die? You consider reminiscing about all the fun times you had with your father before being strangled to death, but you immediately dismiss the idea since there are none.