Chapter 24

***

This Chapter Has Steam.

Chapter 24

***

The next day, Kayden knocks on my office door.

"Mia? Uh... Mia? Are you ok?"

"Hey!" I snap out of my daydream. "Psht! Yeah! Yeah, I'm cool. I'm cool."

"Why are you so flushed?"

"Menopause..." I drawl, closing my eyes when he gives me a suspicious look. "It happens early for some women..."

"Sure... I believe it." He leans against the wall, crossing his arms.

I mentally curse Jake for the torture he's put me through since yesterday's bet of who will win in the game of seducation. If he wins, then I have to meet his sister, and he doesn't play fair... at all.

Last night, when I was sleeping like an angel, he called me with a taunting voice to murmur detail by detail the things he was going to do to me.

It got me so bothered and breathless that he started chuckling like the smug bastard that he is.

So I kept him on the phone. Took care of my business. Told him how wet I was, what my hands were doing. Moaned how good it felt until he was winded with heavy obscenities and I had the pleasure of hanging up on his sorry ass.

Then, this afternoon as I was going to the lecture hall, he waited by the door. Just to open it with a secretive smirk as I passed through with civil gratitude. He haunted me with that stifling stare for fifty freaking minutes. Surrounded by two hundred students. In my own class.

So when I walked to my office, damp with a feverish fog, I couldn't help but wish to be pinned in every icy corner of this scholarly building. To be senselessly seized and screwed, until my screams echoed across these grimy walls and his degrading words cooed in my ear as I clenched, writhed, and helplessly withered.

"... So yeah, just let me know if you're interested," Kayden finishes.

Please tell me he hasn't been talking this entire time.

His eyes narrow with a sly smile. "Dr. Mia Ayan... are you in love?"

"What?" I scowl. "Why the hell would you think that?"

"Oh, I don't know." His smile widens. "Might be the goofy daydreaming face, the blushing cheeks, or the fact that you haven't heard a word I said since I started talking."

I scoff and adjust my skirt. "Has it ever occurred to you that I might be snorting cocaine and it's just the drug effects?"

"Oh, right. Denial. If only you knew a psychologist who could help."

I roll my eyes. "Kayden, you study brains and yours still doesn't work. I don't judge you though, do I?"

"Alright, I'm just happy for you." He puts his palms up and laughs. "Scared for the guy, of course. But—"

I throw a stack of sticky notes at him and he dips down to dodge it, then smoothly comes back up.

"Okay, let me repeat before I lose you again," he says. "I'm planning a surprise birthday for Molly this weekend. Her mom always threw elaborate celebrations with her friends. Never asked what Molly wanted. So I'm stealing her for a special celebration this year. And I know she's too shy to ask, but I think it'd make her really happy if you came."