I Hope She Understands

Jason's POV

Amber didn't come to work  yesterday so I decided to bring her soup. I could see that she didn't feel well in her eyes so I just held her on her couch until she fell asleep, well until we both fell asleep. I should've woken up early but nope I had a very nice alarm to wake me up. Amber's mom. She came in yelling about what did me and amber do last night, I just grabbed my stuff and walked out. I hope Amber is feeling better by now.

As I lay down in my bed I can't help but wonder if one day me and amber will be able to come out to her mom. But now that I'm thinking of this, as what. We've never made this official or anything. I would ask Amber but I don't want her to feel rushed into anything, when the time is right I'll speak to her about it. After thinking of what to say to Amber for a few minutes I fall asleep.

When I wake up, I quickly get ready and head off to work. When I get there I settle down in my office and begin to work on a case. After a few minutes I hear a soft knock on the door, it's Amelia. "Come in," I say still looking down at the case. "Hello sir, There's a call on the line for you, something about a job offer in Boston". I can feel excitment in my stomach just like a kid getting a new toy. I had applied for a job in the Rodriguez's Law And Attorneys Firm located in Boston about a year ago. I hadn't heard back from them until now. Wait but Amber.. things are just getting started between us. How will I tell her? I frown. "Sir? Everything ok? I can tell them that you'll call them back". I sigh, they don't do well with being put off. "No it's ok, I can speak now". Amelia hands me the phone and walks out. "Hello This is Robert from Rodriguez's Law And Attorneys Firm, is this Jason Miller?" This all truly feels like a dream. "Yes," I reply calmly. "Would you like to accept the position as our new district attorney". I want to call Amber right now before accepting but I've waited too long for this offer, she'll understand. I hope. "Yes" I reply. "Ok great, you will need to fly in about two weeks from now. We can go over any concerns and question through email. Have a good day". As He hangs up I can't help but smile. Fucking finally. However my smile goes away as I start to think of Amber. I need to find a way to tell her. Until I'm ready I'll have to keep my distance. She'll understand. I hope.