Living A Better New Life

Jason's POV

Amber has been texting me like crazy for the last few weeks but I just don't know how to talk to her. I know not speaking to her isn't any better but I need some more time. However things have been going great here in Boston. My new boss loves me and I actually love it here. "Hello, my handsome boy", my mother smiles as she enters my office. My mother has been waiting for me to move to Boston for years now since Dad passed of cancer, it's been lonely for her. She plants a small kiss on my cheek and pulls me into a hug. I hate to admit this but I regret not moving here sooner. " I need to go back to your old place to talk to the buyers and set up an open house. Plus I think it would be a good idea to invite that little sweet girl from next door to the upcoming gala. What's her name again?" I want to roll my eyes and rant to my mom about how Amber isn't a little girl. That she is the love of my life. Or was... I broke her heart, she'll never forgive me for this. "Hello," my mom snaps at me. I roll my eyes. "Her name is Amber and she isn't a little girl". She chuckles and raises an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you and her are messing around? Jason you know she is too young. You could go to jail!" God can she just shut up. Amber is officially legal. Our relationship is legal. But of course my mother will always think otherwise because she prefers for me to stay in my shit of a marriage. "Mom. Just go home, I'll swing by your place when I'm done here." I peck a small kiss on her forehead. "Oh and please don't invite Amber.. we aren't really on speaking terms". She laughs as she walks out my office and closes the door.