37

-Jack's POV-

It's been an hour since we left the solar system, we were travelling back home since this operation was a failure. I opened the system to see what mission i have available to me so that i'm not bored too quickly.

[opening missions tabs....... Searching for available missions......... Mission found]

What a strange name for a mission.

[the mission "against the grail" is available]

'Eh, who cares.'

I tap the accept button and the loading bar appeared in front of me, with a cute little chibi holding a torpedo running along the bar.

That was the classic Azur Lane loading bar that i've missed.

[missions objectives]

1. Protect Irisviel

2. Suffer no structual damage during the mission

3. Destroy the grail

'simple enough'

A golden tingle circle appear beneath me instead of the just teleporting me, a bit dramatic don't you think system?

.
.
.

-3rd person POV-

We could see a man dressed in blank standing in front of a summoning circle, while a woman wearing white could be seen standing beside him with an excited expression. The man placed a familiar sheathe onto the circle, however it rejected it and threw it away from it.

Causing the man to widen his eyes, but sighed and relaxed his shoulders.

Kiritsugu : well Iri, seems like we'll have to change our plans a bit.

Irisviel : eh? Why?

Kiritsugu : it seems like the summoning circle rejected the relic-

Just as he had finished his sentence, the circle beganto glow with a golden light, bursting out of the circle blinding the married couple.

Once the lights itensity started to lower down, they could see an unnaturally pale child sitting in the circle looking around.

The child soon looked at them and slightly tilted her head to the side. Irisviel squeal while Kiritsugu face palmed at his wifes reaction.

Jack : hmm......... class saber............ Name is Jack........... master?

Kiritsugu : *sigh* yes, i am your master, however my wife here will act as your master for now.

Jack : hm......... okay.........

Kiritsugu : now then, to win this war i'll need information about you. I was expecting someone else to appear from the circle after all.

Jack : hmm............. i was suppose to be an archer............ But i can still use ranged attacks.......