48

Third person POV

Jack : hey mom, what are we doing today?

Empress : i've decided to have some bonding time with you today, so we'll be visiting an alternate universe so i can teach you of the siren's purpose.

Jack : didn't we already deal with that problem though?

Empress : hm? Oh no, the Covenant thing was an excuse to test your capabilities.

That confused the young girl a little, so she asked her questions to her mother.

Jack : test my abilities?

Empress : yep, honestly we could have just erased them for all we care, but instead we wanted to see what you could currently do.

Jack : oooh, i guess that makes sense, but why the Covenant?

Empress : sirens being all about data and war is just stereotypical, kind of, okay maybe we are all about getting data. In truth we used the Covenant since it was just much more simple compared to........ Other alien species.

Jack :...... Like?

Empress : hmmmm......... Ah yes, i remember coming across a universe with, what the humans of that universe called, "heretics". Honestly it was an incredibly weird place to be in for a short time, although their emporer was keen on murdering us for good, so we did the only logical thing.

Jack : retreat?

Empress : no no, that would lead him right to our home. Instead we threw an absolute monstrosity on a genetically modified Purifier to deal with him. And some how she became the leader of the "orks" for a short while before getting bored and "krumping" herself.

Jack stared at her mom with the most confused expression the child had so far. Empress simply shook her head and spoke again.

Empress : it's best not to linger on the details sweety, now let's go and do some research shall we?

Jack cheered and followed Empress out the building, the 2 then made their way to the docks. Empress elegantly summoned her rigging and flew upwards, Jack soon followed with her own rigging, the rigging itself had remained as the UNSC Infinity.

Jack gave a look at her rigging before switching it up a bit to not get bored.

The rigging of the ship was far different compared to the past riggings she had used

It seemed to have a mecha-like appearance, although it seemed to simply float behind her, occasionally turning its head side to side.