Chapter 35

The next day, I woke up wondering if last night had even happened, but after checking my phone and seeing messages from Lucas popping onto my screen...I realised that I hadn't been dreaming.

'Good morning beautiful ;)'

A smile spread across my face as my cheeks heated with blush.

Are we dating now? I mean, I wouldn't complain if we were...

As I replied to his message, I reminisced on the previous night. Ellie's wedding. It was amazing.

I had barely even seen my family last night after Blade and Ivy brought me home. My parents were too drunk to drive and so was Carter, so they did me a favour and brought me home. The rest of my family got a cab at about 4AM, but I'm extremely glad that I got to bed earlier. I was out like a light by 2.

I thought that I wouldn't enjoy myself at the wedding, but little did I know that it would turn out to be one of the best nights I've had in a long time.

I couldn't take my mind off that kiss.

It was practically engraved in my brain, playing over and over again in my head like a movie, and I hadn't stopped smiling since it happened.

I quickly jumped out of bed and got ready for the day. It was Sunday, meaning that we would be having a dinner party tonight and I was happy about it.

I got showered and dressed before making my bed and ripping my curtains open, looking out at our gorgeous garden. I then went downstairs for breakfast.

When I walked into the kitchen, there was no-one there except for Carter, meaning that Mom and Dad were most likely at work.

They don't often work too much at weekends, but ever since the recent trouble they've been having, they've been there a lot more often.

"Morning." I smiled as Carter practically inhaled his breakfast in one and I headed to the fridge to grab a drink.

He was sat at the kitchen counter in nothing but joggers and I rolled my eyes at his constant choice to be shirtless.

"Morning." he grunted, being the grumpy morning person that he is.

I was surprised to even see him awake at this time in all honesty.

"You looked like you were having a good time last night." I smirked teasingly.

"Huh? Oh right...yeah." he said.

"So when are you guys going to hang out again?" I asked.

"What? I don't know what you mean." he shrugged.

"Don't play dumb Carter. I saw you with Daisy at the bar last night." I laughed.

"Shit." he muttered under his breath. "Please don't tell Lucas."

At the mention of Lucas I stopped in my tracks and my face became neutral. I may have forgotten that Carter never found out about us last night...

"About Lucas..." I began.

"Seriously Sky, he'll hate me! I practically stole his date. We just got talking at the bar and she said that she didn't think her and Lucas were going anywhere, so before I knew it we'd been talking and laughing for like 3 hours! I never felt a spark like that with Laura...with anyone!Being with Daisy just felt so different and...I think I'm really starting to like her, but Lucas-" he rambled as he interrupted me.

"Carter!" I exclaimed. "Calm down! He does not hate you."

"But I asked her out Sky! I wasn't thinking. What kind of shitty friend does that?"