Chapter 2

I slowly explained my side of the story in more detail to my dad, until we eventually pulled into our driveway.

We live in a pretty big house and I suppose you could say that we have quite a bit of money, but I don't really notice it all that much.

My dad designed our house himself and to be honest, it's quite amazing

My dad designed our house himself and to be honest, it's quite amazing. He added so many incredible rooms like a movie room, gym, library and there's even a pool!

Though, my mom never lets us forget how lucky we are. She always reminds us of how she grew up as an orphan and then worked hard so that she could afford her own tiny apartment in some random small town named Maple Creek.

She's right though, Carter and I are super lucky to have everything that we do, as well as having people who love us. I take it for granted most of the time and forget that a lot of people aren't born with all of that.

I don't really understand what my parents do for a living, I think they own a business or something along those lines? The only thing I know is that it's something boring, but it seems to pay well.

"Oh and Sky?" Dad called out to me as we got out of the car.

I turned to look at him as we both walked to the front door of the house, his hair flopping to one side and slight stubble visible on his jawline. His brows were furrowed and he was wearing his usual attire of a leather jacket and black jeans, with his car keys in hand.

He's mostly seen wearing a business suit nowadays, but for some reason, he prefers to wear this type of outfit when he isn't working. Personally, I find my Dad's sense of style extremely embarrassing. He's far too old to be wearing leather jackets, but I've learnt to try and ignore it.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Don't let Carter get to you, you know what he can be like." he said, attempting to comfort me.

"I know." I sighed. "Thanks, Dad."

He softly kissed the top of my head before we opened the front door of the house.

"We're home!" Dad shouted as my Mom rushed out of the kitchen to greet us, rubbing her hands on her apron in the process.

"Finally, I was getting worried! Sky, how was school?" she asked, kissing me on the head in a repeat of what my father had done just seconds earlier.

My mom has dark hair, gorgeous facial features and could honestly be a model, she's just too humble to admit it.

For people who are in their mid 40's, I suppose my parents do look pretty good for their age.

"I already know that Ryan told you everything Mom." I sighed.

"What? No, I didn't." I heard Ryan shout from the living room as I rolled my eyes. "I only told Reed and Jamie."

"I'd just like to be alone right now if that's okay. Today's been pretty awful." I said.

"I know but there's someone waiting for you in the kitchen that might make you feel better." Mom smiled sympathetically.