Chapter 40

"I recognise that car." Nick said.

My heart rate increased and a shot of adrenaline surged through my body.

Nick knew something.

This meant that we might be able to find my sister. This was the only hope we currently had.

"What? From where?" Will asked his son.

"Tell us everything you know." Dad demanded.

"Okay but Dad...don't hate me." Nick winced.

"Why on earth would I hate you?" Will asked, furrowing his brows.

"I recognise the car because...it's Savannah's."

"What?!" Everyone gasped suddenly.

"Or at least it's someone that she knows." Nick said.

"That can't be right, Nick. Maybe you just thought-" Will began.

"No Dad, I know what I saw."

"Well how are you so sure?" he asked.

"Because I followed her." He admitted reluctantly. "After we moved here she was always off 'shopping' and I just had a bad feeling that she was doing something shady...so I followed her. She drove all the way to the high street, which is when I started to think that I might be wrong, but then she turned down this small alleyway where that car was waiting. I assumed that she was meeting someone so I wrote down the registration plate to try and track the person down so that I'd have proof. But then they drove all the way to this huge mansion in the middle of nowhere and I started to worry that someone would see me, so I went home. I honestly just thought she was cheating on you."

"Nick, do you know where that house is?!" Mom exclaimed.

"I don't know the exact address but I can probably show you where it is." he said.

"Yes, lets go!" Mom said, grabbing her keys quickly.

"Jules, no." Dad said.

"What? Why not? We need to go and get Sky."

"Because we don't know who we're dealing with. We need more information before we just storm on in there. That's what they'd expect." Dad explained.

"He's right Julia." Cyrus said, typing into his computer before a street view of the city popped up. "Nick, can you show us on this map where that house is?"

"Yeah." he nodded, walking over to the computer and finding it quickly. "It's here. This one."

"Oh my god." Cyrus said.

"What is it?" Dad asked, moving over to the computer before realisation washed over him. "No...no, it can't be."

"Whose house is that, Reed?" Mom asked.

"It's Peter Campbell's." he said, his face almost turning ghost white.

"That can't be right-" Tris joined in.

"B-but that was 20 years ago." Mom stammered.

"Who's Peter Campbell?" Jamie asked, as I looked around at my friends who looked just as concerned.

"He's trying to 'settle the score'." Dad said, his hands gripping his hair. "He's waited years for this. He's planned it ever since...I took his daughter so now he's taken mine."

"Don't say that, please don't say that." Mom begged, breathing heavily.

"Will someone tell us what the hell is going on?" I yelled.