0.5

──────〔💀〕──────

──────〔💀〕──────

erity listened to the cracks as dazai stretched out his sore body and sat down on the now pushed over oil drum, atsushi next to him.

well, i guess i can leave now

"That was painful" dazai sighed in relief as he continued to crack his hips "I owe you one, atsushi-kun. without you, i would've snapped in two at the waist"

"Didn't you ask your other coworkers for help?" atsushi asked him as he leaned back up.

"I called them, sure. i told them i was on death's door but then everyone was all like 'congratulations', how's that make you feel?" dazai explained, which atsushi didn't seemed to be to surprised about.

"Which reminds me, erity-kun. how did you know where i was? you hung up on me before i could tell you" dazai asked making erity turn back to him as she was about to take her leave, their was a certain look in his eyes.

"Wasn't hard, seeing as people kept murmuring about some legs sticking out an oil drum in front of a dormitory. all i had to do was ask" she lied simply, atsushi deadpanned once again and after a couple seconds dazai smiled but the look never left his eyes, she didn't mind it though and turned back around.

"jeez, anyone gifted with supernatural powers has something wrong with them inside" dazai inquired.

thanks for calling me out like that

"Dazai-san, everyone at the Armed Detective Agency. the private investigators, that is. their gifted, right?" atsushi asked.

"Right, they're an armed force. taking on antagonists the police don't stand a chance against" dazai explained.

"I don't stand a chance at joining the agency, then" atsushi told him looking down at the ground.

"You're gifted just fine" dazai told him.

being gifted isn't always enough, though

"It's true that i have the supernatural ability to turn into a tiger but i have absolutely no control over it, i just transform unaware. i can't will myself to transform into a tiger, so i don't think i'll be of any use. even if i join" atsushi explained before standing up and turning to dazai "I really appreciate the off, though" erity watched as he bowed down "i'm sorry"

"What's your plan, then?" dazai asked him.

"I think i'll look for a job i can actually handle, though i don't think it'll be easy to find" atsushi explained with a small smile. it was quiet for a couple seconds as erity looked from atsushi to dazai who seemed to be planning something.