12

──────〔💀〕──────

──────〔💀〕──────

"Beep!" ranpo shunted from behind sugimoto making the young officer basically jump out of his skin.

"Okay, time's up!" ranpo told him as he patted the young officer's shoulder while smirking "Too bad, you've got a way's to go before you reach my level, at the very least, this proved that your subordinates are not all superior to me"

"Cut the crap" officer minoura spoke making them turn to him "You've been going on and on about deduction and great detectives, you've been reading too much pulp fiction! cases are solved by thorough investigations, interviewing persons of interest and analyzing the scene of the crime"

and yet i don't see any of that really being done, oh well. i've gotten too my set conclusion

erity let out a soft and almost completely unnoticed yawn as she looked up at the sky, letting her mind wonder to more interesting things in her opinion as she half still listened to the conversation.

"Huh?" ranpo questioned, smirk not leaving as he fully turned to officer minoura "When are you going to get it trough your thick skull? great detectives don't do 'investigations' my ability, ultra-deduction, can instantly identify the killer and when and how the murdere was committed, Furthermore. I can see in my mind's eye how i can make the killer confess and where the evidence lies, as if it's an epiphany"

that certainly sound like some ultra detection...but...

"i am gifted, after all" ranpo finished.

"Given my line of work, i know about the gifted's existence but if you have such a convenient ability, why do my colleagues and i still have a job?" officer minoura questioned.

"Right on!" ranpo smirked as he pointed at officer minoura "You've finally caught up"

he kinda walked into that one

"You bastard!" officer minoura gritted his teeth, erity looked down right in time to see officer minoura's pissed expression and the way his hand clenched, ready to trow a punch.

"Now, now, detective" dazai spoke as he quickly got in between the two with his hand raised and a smile plastered on his face, right as erity had taken a step closer "Ranpo-san's always like this"

"After all, my personal motto is. "All's well that's well for me!" ranpo exclaimed happily.

"What's better than being alive?" erity heard atsushi muttered, taking that must be his motto.