16

──────〔💀〕──────

──────〔💀〕──────

"Sorry for the short notice" kunikida spoke to the driver as he, atsushi, dazai and erity sat in the taxi which was parked by a warehouse in the harbor.

it seemed like dazia had been right when he had guessed erity was able to still fit in the taxi as she now sat between him and atsushi in the back, there was still even some space left.

"You said on the phone that you'd figured out who's behind the serial murder case, you're on your way to arrest the killer?" the driver questioned.

"That's right" kunikida answered.

"Then let's hurry, where to?" the driver asked as he got ready to drive.

where already there though

erity sat with her arms limply in her lap as her head was leaned back, eyes closed.

erity wondered why she had had to come with, afterall. they already knew what they needed to know and she knew they could deal with it on their own, there was no reason for her to be here and yet here she was.

although the memories of her had stopped bombarding her mind, she now just felt bummed, wanting only to go home, go to bed and never get up again.

although she felt like that most of the time.

"Here" kunikida answered as he looked at the driver.

"Huh?" the driver questioned as he turned to kunikida.

"This is where the abduction took place and you are the kidnapper, you dossed passengers with sleeping gas and abduct them after they fell unconscious. you wore a gas mask" kunikida explained.

"What were his reasons?" atsushi asked.

"I can think of one, erity?" dazai spoke before glancing down at erity who opened her eyes, catching those of dazai for a second before leaning her head back up.

"Cargo" erity spoke with her usual monotonous voice which her three colleagues had gotten used too but the driver had never heard her speak before, or never met her for that matter.

so hearing it had made him flinch and he became more nervous then he already was when he saw her pink emotionless eyes through the rear view mirror.

"Cargo?" atsushi questioned, looking at erity.

"He'd sell them off, there's a black market for organs in the underground" dazai started to explain and erity let him as she herself didn't feel like having to explain it all as she knew she was probably going to have to tell them how she knew and she didn't really feel up to that, she just wanted to finish off this case already "The margin isn't great because of the exchange rate but if you're pulling it off alone, it's a decent payout"