How to save a life // levi x reader

As the blue skies slowly faded to grey scouts saluted former comrades as they lay them to rest, gentle drops of rain turned into a hard fall as the sky weeped ever so fittingly.

Let him know that you know best
'Cause after all, you do know best

Levi sat apart from the rest, thoughts of yesteryear danced in his head bittersweet. The thumping in his chest still there from todays battle and success but he can't calm his thoughts.

Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence

"Promise me something" you spoke out. On a lazy sunday, you laid upon the floor of levi's office as he dusted his book shelves.

"Always"

"You don't know what i'm going to say" a slight giggle danced upon your tongue and rang in Levi's ears.

"for you, a promise is as simple as getting up in the morning" Levi replied curtly without ever so much a glance in your direction.

"Movd on" your voice stiff and strong. "If i should perish m-"

"Are you hungry, we should get to the mess hall before all the brats leave us crumbs" Levi jumped from the step latter "we should eat".

"I've seen how you react to death and it destroys you" ignoring his intruption you pull yourself upright before striding over to Levi ". Death is nothing new and yet you let each and every death pull you under like high tide, it swallows you up until there is nothing remaining of you"

Levi's warm hands grasp your face.

Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along

"I can lie to you" fingertips pull you in as his lips meet yours, eyes sqeezed so tightly teardrops barely fight thier way down both your cheeks ". If thats what you want to hear I can whisper sweet lies to you"

And pray to God he hears you

Your fingers push the small droplits away as the tiny diamond on your hand sparkles beautifully in the golden raya shinning in.

And I pray to God he hears you

"can you live it the very same ?" lips trimmbling, you know he can't but you need him to, the thought of him couped up in this office until his own departure is breaking you.

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend

"She was recovered." a whisper of a voice pulled Levi from his thoughts. "I thought you would have some words, captain". Armin pulled on his own shirt sleeves as he watched Levi pull himself back together.

Pushing past Arm Levi knew how hard this damned promise would be. How could this death not pull him into the abyss how could he resist from locking himself away from it all, why would you burden him with such a request.

A hard tug pulled at Levi's heart as flashes of you recovered in his head like scenes in a movie, laughter pushed him with every step he took as if your memory were rushing him along, you whispered his name countless of times and they all played in his head.

Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night

A buldge danced in Levi's throat, it hurt. "OUT" Levi shouted as he felt it.

scouts and veterans alike scattered.

The lump worked its way up as it clumped behind his tounge, gasps of breath delayed the pain in his throat.

Your hand laid outside of the crimson stained blanket. As Levi pulled your now cold body into his lap,the clump of pain entwined with air pushed its way out into the nightair. tears dropped onto your face as animistic cried belted out only stopping when a breath was needed. The promise would have to wait.

Had I known how to save a life.

My loves !!! I can't say I'm back nor am I staying but it felt so nice writting again, it felt natural and I was kind of emotional. My love for Levi is so different now, he's such a great character but I lost willpower to write for him somewhere along the way. I hope you all like this one and I hope I haven't written for this song before.

- xx captain of the captain