Fix you insomniac Levi x Insomniac Reader

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.

Nights like these are when my demons come out to play, my wretched past whirled around inside my head screaming at me for all my fuck ups, memories plays over and over of scenes I so dearly wish to record over, I just want to fucking run away, run far away from this shit town, run away from my life. However, taking in a deep breath as a lonely tear streams down my face, that would mean I'd be running from him. Peering across the dark room as the only light guides my way belongs to the moon, a sliver of light rests upon Levi's face. How can a hardened man like himself look so at peace, so angel like, so... perfect. Exhaling through my nose I turn my attention back to the falling snow. Biting my lip I think of past Christmases, it's only a few days away and I'm still not satisfied with my holiday spirit, any memory would bring a smile to my face. Hail bounces off the roof creating a orchestra of it's very own full of tin from the garage, pinging off of metal from the car and wood from house as I stare blankly, giving up I stand to my feet and softly patter to the bedroom door.

"F/n, where are you going, come to bed,it's late " Levi's voice laced with sleep, that man can hear anything in his slumber

"Can't sleep" I honestly admit

"C'mere" With a long exhale Levi holds his arms out for me and I oblige

Climbing into bed and scooting into the cold side that is claimed to be mine the fluffiness of the comforter rises high up to our faces as silver eyes peer into mine. Ice cold fingers rest upon my hip as a chill runs up my spine. Silence falls over the room while thumps of hail fill the outside space, moments like these happen far too often to much as to even speak a word of our night time ritual, my fingers slowly slide over his ivory skin,feeling every chiseled feature, muscle and scar before my slim fingers begin to trace small circles on his bare back, a moment of paralyzation takes over him before a small smile tugs at the corners of his lips, cursed with night terrors Levi had realized once he's woken up in the dead of night there will be no use in attempting to get back to sleep.

Lost into one of our late night conversations about completely nothing, just enjoying hearing each other talk, how the syllables would roll off his tongue intoxicated me in such a way alcohol could never do. Wrapping my arm around him took him by surprise but no more than feeling small pictures drawn into his back by my fingertips, it was a small gesture my grandmother did for me when sleep was hard to come by. Soon a yawn fell from his lips, laying his head on a pillow and fluttering his eyes, that night was the night Levi declared me the cure of his night terrors only problem, that stubborn man asking you for a favor as little as that would never happen so I'm left to examine his behavior, listen to his tone and decide for myself if tonight Levi rests willingly or will it be troublesome. He is such a hard man to love but I'd travel to hell and back in order to do so. A hum escapes Levi's lips. A small action I dreadfully awaited fueled my need, now it's Levi's turn to put my mind to rest.

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Reading my mind, he's known me far too long to pick up on when I have too much on my mind, I'm not paying attention and Levi knows it, he's not a man who enjoys being ignored. Now warm fingers lovingly caress my cheek holding my gaze in the one spot he wanted me to focus on, him. My heart swelled, the cause of insomnia is simply our own faults, our horrid deeds, our wrong doings, they haunt us at night when you're left alone and vulnerable. Levi never asked about my past and I never asked about his, neither of us wanted to know, maybe in fear the others is petty and they'd see our issues as a burden they want nothing of and leave one afternoon with nothing short of a dear John letter. I'm not sure how many left before me, who could leave such a warm soul ? Better question, how can a warm soul love a bitter cold one like mine ?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

"Why do you let me burden you ?" I unintentionally ask

Humming stops but his gaze remains continuous with slow blinks as if I had asked a irrelevant question. Warm breath mixed with mint and tea dusts my cheeks, a small kiss placed on my forehead, he parts his lips before uttering a word.

" I know your past is hard for you and you rather not talk about it, I know how it is"

"Levi"

"F/n, please" Levi warns in a calm and gentle voice

"I shouldn't be on the long list of things you worry about, I'm not going anywhere, you see yourself as this imperfect person, a mistake but if you could only see what I see for only a second you would change your mind, a beautiful person stands before me clueless of her perfection, that's a rare trait."

"That's what they all say" I reply in a lowered voice

"Dammit I'm not one of those fucking idiotic teenagers who run when shit gets hard, I know how it is when someone fucking leaves when you have no one left, I know how it is to cling to the only person in your corner and even they disappear sooner or later." Levi raised his voice as I compare him to past relationships

"You say that now but-"

"No, I say that now and I mean that to the day till fucking die."

On the verge of tears I swallow the lump in my throat wanting to end the conversation, as Levi reads my mind he speaks up.

"You need to get some sleep."

As fingers dance upon my neck light kisses placed upon my lips as his other hand twirls a strand of my hair around his finger before Levi once again hums the one tune that can successfully bring dreams my way.

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

My eyes slowly flutter as sleep slowly takes me under it's spell. A light mutter barley makes it to my ears as I hear Levi whisper "And I will fix you"