Autumn leaves || Fall L e v i x R e a d e r

Another day another life
Passes by just like mine
It's not complicated

The cool breeze sweeps across my face as leaves decorate the sidewalks while the autumn sun beams down on our small town. Crunching of dead leaves leave behind their mark on our exposed reddened ears as the coffee cups tightly gripped in our hands are our only external warmth. Levi and I silently dodge looks from one another.

Another mind
Another soul
Another body to grow old
It's not complicated

Wind whipping the dead trees tugging at the few leaves left on their branchs as we approach our porch. Keys clinking as Levi pulls them out of his pocket, I take in the orange, yellow and brown hues dancing in the streets, pushing pass trees in their mini tornado's rushing down streets, across sidewalk corners and alleyways. A cold hand brushes passed mine pulling me out my autumn trance, singling me into the warm house. Silver eyes warming, watching my every move as I pull off my jacket and boots.

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?
Float down. Like autumn leaves

Following my lead, Levi pulls off his heavy coat, tugging at his black sweater, soon his ebony locks disappears around the bend as he makes his way into the kitchen. Peering out the window I let myself get tugged back into the scenery outside, again whirling around houses, the leaves play as a few grocery bags litter the ground as they partake in the autumn games. Cinnamon fills my senses as another mug is held outward me. Cupping the oversized mug in my small hands I take in the heat radiating off of the mug held close to my frozen face. A slight giggle leaves my slightly parented lips as I look up at Levi's cold face, cheeks as rosy as the petals of springs most delicate of flowers.

Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me

Sitting beside me, Levi looks out into the world, dead leaves putting on a show for those willing to watch. As far as I can remember Levi hated the mess of broken leaves resting on the lawn, the cold shortened days bringing restless nights closer, for those whom sleep doesn't bless upon so easily. "Whats up with you and this dammed season?" Levi questions as his tea filled cup touches his pale pink lips." Shaking my head I muffle a hushed disagreement "the colors Levi, have you not witnessed them fade, the greenest of leaves fizzle into the prettiest of oranges and browns, spotted red skies meeting the pink of the sunsets as it brings the blue and purple hues to a nights rest. Bundling up in your heaviest sweaters, depending on hot cups of sweet syrups to warmth your body. The spices that tingle the tips of your tongue as the dance down your throat, the pumpkin scented happiness that only fall is able to bring. Autumn is... it's just beautiful." intaking warm liquid of cinnamon and salted caramel I wasn't prepared for what would leave his lips next.

"I suppose you are my autumn."

Artwork: found on google but I am like 99% it's Drinkyourfuckingmilk

Sorry guys for not updating in a long ass time, but writers block has been kicking my ass and it's just now that I finished this piece after a year or so of having this idea xD I do have some ideas (I had every single one of them while listening to Ed Sheeran) So I do hope to be able to write like I used to. I'm happy to be back ♥