Skin Deep Tattoo Artist Levi x Reader

The smell of bitter tea fills the small space between strangers as black and white framed sketches line the walls. Customers new and returning bit their lip deciding on the new piece soon to be forever etched into their skin. The spark of old vinyl bringing to life the small tattoo shop located on the corner that could barely fit fifty had warm feel tho hearing Eren rave about it, I was sure this was a novelty tattoo parlor with some emo wanna be that had rich parents but decided against college just to piss his mommy and daddy off.

Stepping across the threshold I cursed Eren's choice of the shop he talked so highly about when I told him my plan on getting a tattoo. "Everyone on campus is talking about this place, it's the only place anyone is getting work done." Eren's voice rang through the small shop. "Just look through the pieces and if you don't like his style then we'll go to that big shop by the mall you like so much "Eren's emerald eyes beamed. "his style" I question my best friend. " mmhm, the owner" I nodd. Skimming the art plastered on the dark red walls I admired the shop, it looked small on the outside and placed in such an odd atmosphere for what work they provided at such a location, the side walks lined with weeds and dirt making one think the only thing you'd get from this place was a nasty infection from reused needles but entering the shop your mind would be taken on a journey back to the past when your parents would play their old vinyls on repeat until lyrics were burned into your mind. Dark burgundy walls with gold trimming, ancient tattoo machines placed behind glass for all to appreciate. Tea and a hint of peppermint laced in the air calming anyone's nerves.

" Do you have an appointment ?" A chestnut haired girl with thick rimmed glasses appears behind the counter. "uh, no I don't" I shyly reply, I only wanted to check the place out and if you seemed alright then I'd set something up. " I'm sorry but shorty's scheduled for two weeks, we can try to find something for you but there is no prom-"
" Tch I'll work them in" A raven haired man appeared from the back. Lacking in stature, silver rings decorated his fingers matching the silver cross hung from his neck, a small hoop pierces his nose, black shirt with the sleeves ripped off. I assumed this to be the artist, he cleared his throat, I hadn't realized he spoke up again " Yes" I simply reply to a question I had no reference of. " I said are you fucking deaf or just not paying attention" The dark haired man leaned against the doorway " So is it yes to both or a specific question, or should I repeat myself for good measure ?"
Huffing to himself the short man smirks up at me "is it past short shit's nap time or is he always this bitchy?" I point toward the assholes direction as I question the giggling girl behind the register " ah... you have to excuse her, the mouth is too big for her brain" Eren nervously scratches his neck. " Hey short shit, she's pretty and funny eh ?" "Hey Shitty Glasses, Shut up eh ?" puffing out her lip the girl rolled her eyes at her mean boss, though it didn't seem like his woulds hurt too much as if she heard them before. "Any the fuck way, I suppose you'd like to know I'm Levi, your tattoo artist, I don't draw fucking unicorns for twenty year olds holding onto princess obsessions, I don't care how old you say you are, before my needle even dips into ink I need an ID and lastly I don't tattoo anyone who thought of something the last minute got it ? " Levi holds out his hand "And you don't tattoo anyone after ‪6pm‬ right ? I mean a growing boy needs his sleep." I reply slapping my ID into the palm of his hand. With a grunt Levi hands me a sheet of paper. "This basically says you're over the age of eighteen and some other unnecessary shit I need to include to cover my ass, Hanji, book this little shit for an hour and a half" Hanji scribbles something down as I sign my name and follow Levi into the room "Bitch" Levi mumbles "midget" I mumble back. Pointing at a chair, he pulls up a table before taking a seat next the tattoo chair. Sliding the photo holding the outline of what I wanted done. Clicking his tongue Levi rolled his eyes."I told you I don't do this shit" a growl under his breath the grumpy man slapped the piece of paper down on the extendable table "No you said you don't do unicorns" I scuffed "listen I can step into any novelty tattoo shop and get this done, by someone who will at least pretend to be a decent human being don't worry about it" leaning back in his chair silence possess the space between us. "Calm the fuck down" Switching on a machine Levi turns away as I see a slight smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

As the needle and my skin come into contact I inhale, I can't really explain the feeling, there was plain but ever so often my mind would wonder to the scent of mint and the tint of silver eyes dodging from my skin to reference picture. "It's old" Levi yelled over the constant buzzing "Who drew it?" It took me a moment to recover, the paper had been through so much, yellow had started to tint the paper, wrinkles sat in as years pulled at its edges."My grandmother, she use to doodle on the back of envelopes whe-"cut off Levi set up and didn't quite laugh but just huffed with a slight chuckle as he examined the paper "this is really tattered envelope." He noticed the overlapping pieces of paper and our eyes met for a second. Leaning back Levi looked up at me and our eyes met for just a split second before letting the needle pierce my skin Levi shook his head. The buzzing that put my nerves at ease has came to an end, "do me a favor and leave this on for the day or don't I don't give a shit, but if you do wash it first thing ‪tomorrow morning‬, or whatever" Levi hands me back my reference picture as he cleans up " could you be anymore passive aggressive?" There was a moment when I thought he had softened up a bit, maybe not a great guy by a long shot but not the asshole he was when I walked in either. "I could, I really could." Swinging his chair around levi points me to the door " but it's past closing and I want to go home so if you don't mind." Rolling my eyes I head toward the door but before I'm able to turn around levi hands me my contentment paper back with a random number on the back. "oh sorry, in case you don't know you put those numbers in your phone and they make a phone number thus; calling a person that person being me." such an asshole

Heya guys, so I won't say I'm back but I won't say I'm not. I have a few unfinished fics that's just been chillin and want to be published and this was one of them, anyway tell me if you liked this one and want a part two.
Requests ! They are always open.