Tristful

Previously on "Metanoia"~

"H-harry?!"

Y/N's POV

Shock.

Shock brings a quietness within, a moment to feel my emotions change gear and girder my soul for what is to come.

My brain stutters for a moment and my eyes take in more light than I expected, every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up. After a wash of cold I step from the shadows, feeling a new warmth to the day.

My knees buckled and my legs gave up when I saw the face of the person whose hand was on my mouth. The person whose warm embrace and soft affirmations always chased away my worst nightmares. The person who was my safe haven, my strongest link to the outside world, to my world. He was my home he has always been, he was my solace...my brother Harry~

His calm emerald eyes gazed at me with an emotion I couldn't quite decipher. He tried to hide it but I could see the pain and longing that was hiding behind that calm demeanor. He wanted to cry, he wanted to sob in my embrace till his eyes would hurt. He wanted to unleash all those tears, tears of pain, anguish, fear, anger and frustration that he kept bottling for so long. For once he didn't want to be the one who gave support but rather be supported.

His sizable hand slowly uncovered my mouth and came to rest at his sides. The sound of rumbling sky and feverish raindrops filled the silence as our anxious and lost eyes communicated in their own unique way. Shakily opening my arms I beckoned him in my direction, maybe that's what he needed to let his guard down and seek for comfort.

Salty crystals cascaded down his rosy cheeks as he wrapped his arms around me and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I knew he was holding back and I didn't want him to that, my trembling hands softly caressed his silky locks and gently shushed him. That's when he broke down, the sound of his choked sobs and hiccups shattered my heart into small pieces.

"I-I........t-tried......f-find.....y-you.....w-why....y-you.....l-leave......h-house? I-I...." I tightened my arms around him and pulled him
closer. My own vision became blurry as my chest tightened with all the built up emotions and vexation. My eyes fluttered close as a few tears escaped my eyes, we were so lost in seeking comfort in each others arms that we completely forgot about our surroundings.

*Sweet whistling and heavy footsteps*

The sound of familiar whistling and heavy footsteps was our wake-up call.  Harry's broad frame went stiff and still in ny arms, none of us dared to breathe as our arms tightened around each other.

"Y/N~ Love~ where are you? Why are you hiding love~? Why are you hiding from your mates....from me~? Do you think we'd hurt you?..........you know we would never that don't you baby~? I would never hurt you love~.........come out love....come out Y/N~"

Tae's voice cracked a little at the end making my heart ache, but I couldn't deny the way goosebumps rose on my body when his deep and velvety voice echoed through the walls. The way my name rolled of his tongue in the most dark and sensual way made shivers run down my spine.

As much as I wanted to run into my mate's arms I knew better, I knew if I stepped out of this room the people I'll be facing won't be my mates. I won't be welcomed by their soft and warm chocolate eyes but rather by dark and void ones. Their smiles won't be genuine and welcoming but rather sinful and evil.