Enigma

Previously on "Metanoia"~

"WHAT?!" All of the men stood up from their seats,

Uh-oh..
___________________________________

Y/N's POV

I had no idea why in the world did I call them wolf puppies? It wasn't a mere slip fo my tongue but an intentional action. For a moment I felt as if it wasn't me who was in control of myself but rather someone else, an invisible entity. A powerful presence, standing silently and watching us from a distance.

But even so I didn't feel scared nor uncomfortable in its presence, and as ridiculous as it sounds those seven pairs of glaring eyes and scowling faces didn't affect me either.

There was something about them that made me feel safe, as if no harm in the world would ever touch me. Even when their dilated and dark orbs eyed me impassively I saw the flicker of fear in their eyes. I could've misunderstood, my eyes might have been tricked but not my heart.

I didn't like them, no.

But I didn't hate them either,

Sure, they were rude. We had met for the first time, they didn't even know me yet they were acting as if I was their mortal enemy. But I could see it in slight waver of their eyes, those bronze depths hid several emotions behind their hard glare..one being; longing.

"WHAT?!" With flared nostrils the seven of the men stood up from their seats and the room was filled with ear-piercing screeches and crashes of wooden chairs

My body tensed at their actions but I continued to glower in their direction, unbending and firm.
I noticed the way their jaws ticked and their fingers curled into tight fists. A deep growl rumbled through their chests at the absence of any noticeable change in my expressions, frustrated by the way I continued to stare into the depths of their souls; unblinking and unaffected.

*Shattering of glass*