Chapter || 06

"Hey mom. How was work?" I ask when I spot her sitting on the couch with the TV remote in her hands. When I get no answer, I turn from the door and see a frown on her face and when she sees me looking, she rolls her eyes.

"Mom?" I ask walking to sit next to her.

"Where were you?" She asks, her eyes not leaving the TV. Didn't we tell Aunt Ava to let her know? Did she forget? I have a feeling I'm in deep trouble - I rub my palms over my thighs.

"What do you mean? I told Aunt Ava to let you know that Olivia and I were at a friend's house. She lives not too far from the school." I say hesitantly.

"Oh no, Aunt Ava did tell me. I just don't understand why you couldn't call me and tell me yourself. And you say 'tell me' instead of 'ask'." She sighs. Guilt makes it's way into my heart as she gets up to go to the kitchen.

"Mom I'm sorry. I didn't think it was a bad idea since I was with Olivia." I shrug staying put on the couch as I watch her turn the kettle on for coffee.

"That's exactly it. You didn't think, since when does my over thinker daughter not think?" She asks planting her eyes on mine making me look away. I think about it for a while and realise that she's right, how come I didn't think that deep into all of it? I really don't have a answer for her.

"I..I don't know. I'm sorry." I sigh looking down at my tapping foot. I think that she's being extra and unfair but deep down, I know that I could've just let her know myself. Ask for permission first you know?

"It's okay." She says coming to sit back down. "Don't let it happen again. This is a new neighborhood and I wouldn't know where to look if you go missing." She adds changing the channel. By her actions, I can tell that she's still upset and a disappointed parent is always worse than a screaming one so I excuse myself.

"Goodnight mom." I smile standing up to go to my room.

"Goodnight Emma." She says and I wince when she uses my real name instead of a pet name.

Going into my room, I just grab my tie, dye, drop shoulder, drawstring hem shorts and matching sweater to sleep in and make my way to the bathroom to take a long bath.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
I know it's a short chapter - reason is that this supposed to go into chapter 5 but I selected 'publish' instead of 'save' when my intention was to take a break to watch my series then continue afterwards ^~^.
Anyways, Do you think Emma's mother is being too much?
Thank you for reading, have a great day.
Mwah!