Chapter || 14

[SUNDAY]

"So he kissed you and then what?" Olivia asked stepping off the treadmill.

We decided to go to the gym this morning, both of us needing to let go of some stress. Her, her mother asked her to visit her deadbeat father in the hospital and me constantly thinking about Liam and the kiss.

"So I excused myself. That's when I pulled you and asked to go home." I shrugged as if it wasn't my moment embarrassing moment.

After Liam put his lips on mine, I was unresponsive for a moment before I realised what was happening. I then pulled away and excused myself. I was relieved to find that he didn't walk after me. I don't know what came over me, why did I run away like that? Liam made me feel nervous and scared at the same time. We've only known each other for few days and he already put his lips on mine. He even opened up to me last night, something I can't stop thinking  about.

"Look. I know I said you should be careful with him but what in the world told you to run away when a hot dude kissed you? I don't really like him but come on!" Olivia laughed.

She took a sip from her water bottle while still giggling causing her to choke. I laughed while she fought for air.

"Wow. Best cousin of the year award goes to Emma." She said sarcastically when her coughing fit was finally over.

"Why thank you." I bowed jokingly making her shake her head.

She said something but I didn't hear. My eyes were on the back of the gym where two bodies came walking down the stairs. One of the bodies belonging to Liam. He was dripped in sweat and he was of course shirtless with knee length soccer shorts.

"Woah." Was all that came out of my mouth.

"Wha...oh my gosh." Olivia squealed when she turned around to see what I'm looking at.

Her loud squealing made both the blond shirtless man and Liam turn their heads. At first he liked confused but when his eyes landed on mine, he smirked.

"Shit. Olivia he's coming this way!" I whisper yelled pinching her side. "Is it too late to run?" I added.

"I'm afraid so Smith." Liam smirked when he reached us.

How did he even hear me? My cheeks were burning and my chest began to tighten while my stomach turned. I scratched the back of my hand awkwardly.

"Oh hey Liam." I greeted under my breath.

"Who's this?" Olivia smirked eyeing the blond guy who was shorter than Liam but way more buffer.

"Oh this is my personal trainer Oliver." Liam introduced the guy after taking his eyes off of mine.

"Oh would you look at that. Our names match." Olivia giggled like a thirteen year old who just spoke to her crush for the first time.

"What's your name?" He chuckled holding out his hand for her to shake.

I watched in amusement as her cheeks began to turn red and now she was scratching her forearm, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.