Chapter || 18

"What do you even wear to a soccer game?" I asked Olivia who was already dressed and ready to go.

We decided to go to Olivia's house first so she could get dressed, then Olivia and her mother came over. Olivia was wearing a hooded checked front pocket jacket with a plain white T-shirt and a ripped high waisted stovepipe jeans.

"It's going to be cold on the field so you should wear something fabulous but warm." Olivia said wit a thoughtful look on her face. "Wait, move." She ushered me out of my own closet and took my place while I sat down on the edge of my bed.

"This would be good." She said after a few minutes in the closet.

I got up and took the clothes from her and load it down on the bed. A west coast graphic cropped sweatshirt and a high waisted frayed hem skinny jeans.

"Didn't you say that it's going to be cold? This shirt is cropped." I said pointing at it.

"Yeah but you can suffer a little can't you? It's the only warm thing that looks fashionable in your closet. Why do you have so many hoodies?" She scrunched up her face looking back at my closet.

"Okay whatever. Move so I can get dressed." I said pushing her away from the floor length mirror.

"Where are you girls off to?" Aunt Ava asked when we reached the bottom of the stairs.

Aunt Ava and my mother were sitting on the couch with a cup in their hands.

"We want to go watch our school's soccer game with Isabella if that's okay." I answered looking at my mother's frown.

"Oh that's cool." Aunt Ava beamed. "Have fun then."

"Since when do you go to games?" My mother asked with a frown.

"What do you mean? I always watched soccer with dad." I shrugged. "Now I'll just be watching it live and it won't be some famous team like Liverpool."

"Where is this field?" She asked.

"On our school. It's a home game so they'll be playing there." Olivia answered. "It's a big school."

"Emma I don't think I want you so late on the road." Mt mother said shaking her head.

Of course, the party pooper overprotective mother doesn't want me to have fun.

"It's just at their school and Olivia normally comes home at nine or ten, its not that late." Aunt Ava shrugged. "Let them go be teenagers."

"You'll go straight to the school and come straight home afterwards okay?" My mother asked eyeing me.

"Of course we will. Right Olivia?" I smiled.

"Yeah." Olivia smiled making Aunt Ava giggle at our attempt to soften my mother.

"Okay." My mother agreed with a sigh. "Remember that you're new to this place so don't get lost."

"I will make sure of that." Olivia giggled pushing me towards the door.

She's right, we need to leave before my mother changes her mind.

"Have fun." Aunt Ava called after we closed the door behind us.

"God bless your mother." I sighed in relieve when we were seated in Olivia's car.

"We are going to listen to her right?" Olivia asked. "No stops before or after the game."

"You're such a baby." I rolled my eyes amused.

"Your mother scares me. If anything happens to you, I'm dead." She sighed with a giggle.