Chapter || 23

My eyes were wide as I looked at his expression. His eyes shined with sparkle and was big with anticipation. His face held a sincere look that scared me even more. There is no way he was serious, we've only just met. His words made me realise that I did in fact like Liam but I knew boys like him. After about a month, he would leave me - I was too average for him and I knew it.

"Stop lying." I mumbled turning away from his gaze and focused on the busy playground.

I heard him sigh but I fought the urge to look back at him and tried ignoring the beating of my heart. The park was more of a meadow with park games and park benches than anything else. It was huge too, I could see bike and walking paths.

"Do you want to go?" I heard his deep voice after a long moment of silence.

Of course he doesn't want to hang out after I rejected him. Did I though? He is obviously playing some type of game but the feeling in my heart is too strong to ignore. I like Liam.

"Yeah. What's the time? Maybe I have enough time to do a few work outs." I mumbled standing up.

He stood up after placing money into the bill. I only now noticed that he wasn't at all dressed like someone going to a gym. He knew we'd come here. He was wearing his signature black ripped jeans with a grey T-shirt this time.

"I meant to the park you've been staring at." He said pointing out of the window. "It's only 14:30, you want to take a walk?"

"Oh." I guess he does still want to hang out. "Yeah sure." I agreed making my way out of the hut.

We crossed the road in silence and were now walking along the grey bricked path around a tiny lake surrounded by children in swimsuits.

"Emma." He called out grabbing my forearm and turning me around.

While we walked, he stayed a few inches behind me but I didn't dare to look back to see his expression but now that he turned me around, our faces were so close to each I could smell his cologne.

"I.."

"No stop!" I suddenly exclaimed. "Liam I know boys like you and I don't want made you want to play this game with me out of all people but...."

I was cut off by his lips smashing onto mine with pure need. My eyes fluttered closed when he snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer towards him. I could feel his chest muscles when my palms rested on his chest and his other hand moved up to the back of my neck deepening the kiss.

My body relaxed into the kiss in a instant and I knew, this guy left his mark on me. I officially crushed hard on Liam, there was no going back. I want Liam and his deep kiss said that he wanted me too. He broke the kiss first.

"Emma I..."

"Stop getting in my head!" I screamed shoving him away from me making his eyes go wide.

Giving into Liam would be a one way ticket to heartbreak, I hardly even knew him. Olivia warned me and told me all about his first two years of fucking every girl in school. Who am I to think that he won't hurt me too? I'm just the new girl he wants to win over for bragging rights.

"Emma.."

But I was already speed walking back to the gym. I heard his footsteps nearing me making me turn around to scream at him again.

"At least let e drop you off at the gym." He offered softly but his face showed frustration.

He was clearly frustrated that he didn't get to jump into my pants today or any other day. He's going to have to think of a other story to brag about with his stupid low life friends like Isabella called them. Why am I suddenly mad at them?

"I can walk, it's not far." I said turning around to walk again.

This time he didn't follow after me and I was grateful. I needed to be alone, I needed to think about today but I also needed to study. Stupid Life Of Pi. Stupid Liam. Stupid new school and stupid gym.

...

After I made my way back to the gym, I had time to take some of my frustration and confusion out on a pinching bag before Olivia dragged me away with a questioning look.

"Are you okay? Did so!etching happen with Liam?" She asked when were parked outside of her house.

The ride home was silent. I kept my head rested on the window in the back seat and closed my eyes but I could feel Olivia's eyes on me and I would catch her staring from the mirror.

"I'll tell you everything tomorrow." I smiled weakly before hopping out of the car.

"Okay." She said giving me a hug. "Just so you know, you can tell me anything and I will beat that bitch's ass if I'm right about him having everything to do with your mood change." She said pointing a finger at me.

"I'm fine Olivia, I promise." I giggled dryly and I knew she didn't buy it.

Maybe I should tell her about our little "date" and maybe get her view on things. She's a hopeless romantic so I'm not sure if that's a good idea so I pass on the thought and head home after waving goodbye with another promise that I'll be okay.

My mother was cutting chicken when I walked into the house.

"How was gym?" She asked.

"It was relaxing." I lied.

Once again I wasn't where you thought I was mother and once again I was with the same boy.

"That's nice. I made some brain food." She stated pointing over to the bowl on the counter near the stove.

I walked around the island to take the bowl and I scrunched up my face.

"A boiled egg and a banana?" I questioned the obvious.

"Yeah." She shrugged.

Sighing I took the bowl and headed for the staircase.

"You can study until dinner." She called after me and I nodded even though I was already out of her eye sight.

I didn't bother to take a shower or eat any of my "brain food". When I got into my room, I took off my shoes and laid on my stomach for what felt like hours before I heard my mother's footsteps come closer to my room. Shit.

I quickly fished out my notes from my bag and laid it down on the study table with a few pens that I found in the drawer. I also managed to hide the bowl under my bed and got back to fake studying by the desk when my mother finally opened the door.

" time for dinner sweety." She poked her head inside and I turned around to face her with a fake grin.

"Just finishing up this fee notes then I'll be right down." I smiled.

She scanned my room before nodding and closing the door again. I breathed and headed for the bed again to retrieve the still full bowl of "brain food".

"I'll have to throw it somewhere." I told myself scanning the room and my eyes landed on my tiny paper bin next to the study table.

I'll just remember to empty the bin when mom's asleep tonight. With the events from today still fresh in my mind, I nibbled on my food under mom's glare until she ushered me back to my room. I took a long bath and finally tried to scan through the study notes.