Chapter || 15

[MONDAY]

I was surprised to see Liam sitting in his usual desk when I walked into class and heart started hammering again. I made my way to the back of the class with my head low on the ground but when I reached my desk, Liam decided to put his foot out in front of me. I tripped and would've hit the ground if there wasn't a desk in front of me to heap onto.

"Liam!" I exclaimed causing the whole class to turn our way, luckily Miss Williams wasn't in class yet.

I said a silent sorry before sitting down.

"Good morning." He grinned when I looked at him.

He seemed as if he didn't just trip me. If I had fallen, it would be the most embarrassing thing in the world.

"Fucking idiot." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

He couldn't reply because Miss Williams's loud and excited voice interrupted the whole class.

"Class, I've got something nice for you all today." She beamed reaching into her bag.

The class was quiet, all curiously staring at the bag. Miss Williams pulled out a DVD that was too far for me to read.

"I've got the Life of Pi movie!" She beamed waving it in the air.

Life of Pi was the novel we were reading for this year and to say it's boring, is a understatement. If you ever have a hard time falling asleep, read one chapter and you'll be fast asleep.

Seems as if the whole class shared my view of the novel and all groaned in protest making Miss Williams click her tongue.

"Come on, we have to read the book. I was trying to be nice by letting you watch the movie before we started with part two of the book." She explained with a pout.

The class just mumbled in return and she took it as a yes. She placed the DVD into the laptop on her table and connected it to the projector.

"What is Life of Pi?" Liam whispered poking my bicep.

"The book we're currently reading for this year." I stated dumbfounded.

If he hadn't spend most of his days skipping class or sleeping in class, he would've had a good idea of what the book is.

"Oh that book Sophia keeps reciting." He shrugged. "That's very boring. Let's play a game." He asked with a hopeful grin.

"Are you crazy? We'll get in trouble and the last thing I want to do is play a game with you." I rolled my eyes.

The movie has just begun and already a few people had their heads laid down on their desks. Miss Williams didn't seem to mind as she was focused on the white board. She really loves the novel.

"Sophia won't do anything to me." He scoffed. "But you're just being grumpy because you're clumsy today." He added making my head snap back to him.

"You tripped me!" I whisper yelled making him chuckle.

"No face, no case." He stated with his hands in front of him Innocently.