Chapter || 19

We've been sitting in a booth at Burger King for more than ten minutes saying nothing. I was nervous, it felt like I was on a date with a crush but it isn't like that. Liam just asked if I wanted to join him for fun and I definitely didn't have a crush on him.

"Are you okay?" I asked after he finished his burger.

He has been keeping his eyes on his plate while he ate the entire time and I noticed the stiffness of his shoulders. Maybe asking him to go to the game was a bad idea but it wasn't all me, he agreed.

"Yeah. I just couldn't watch and hear the people scream for Noah who was doing the things I used to do." He shrugged as if it meant little to nothing.

"Do you miss playing?" I asked hesitantly.

I didn't want him to feel bad or pressured to tell me anymore than he already did but I found myself wanting to know exactly what Liam was thinking.

"No." He said leaning back with his head on the booth couch.

"You're lying." I giggled and I watched his Adam's apple move as he swallowed. "Why don't you play again if you miss it so much?"

"I mean, I kind of do miss it even though I only decided to play for mother. It's not a big deal, let's just drop it." He sighed leaning his elbows on the table.

"It's dropped." I stated but my heart wanted to know more.

I wanted to know what is going on in that mind of his, how much pain he went and is still going through and how I can fix it. I don't have a crush on him okay? I'm just being human. Right? I couldn't question myself further because the beat of one of my favorite songs suddenly came on.

"I love this song!" I exclaimed clapping my hands together.

If anyone didn't like this song, they were crazy and for a moment I forgot all about Liam and just sang along to Bruno Mars's Grenade.

"That's cute." He chuckled reminding me where I am.

"Oh. I just really like the song." I giggled looking down at my plate in embarrassment.

"Well don't let me stop you." He chuckled motioning his hand for me to continue singing.

"No." I giggles taking a fry from my plate.

"You have a good voi.." He started but stopped as his eyes grew wide.

He was staring over my head, probably at the front entrance and I turned in my seat to have a look. James, along with three other boys came strolling in. James went over to the till to order something but he just looked like he was flirting with the worker.

"What's wrong?" I asked when I turned back and found a frowning Liam.

His hands were fists on the table and he kept watching the three boys.

"Nothing, I just forgot that my friends hang out here on Friday nights." He brushed it off trying to look at me but he turned back to them.

"Oh, well call them over." I shrugged.

If it was his friends and he usual hung out with them, who am I ruin that?

"No you don.." He started but got cut off by a very loud voice.

"Liam dude! Fancy seeing you here with what looks like a girl." The curly blond laughed sliding into the booth next to Liam.

"Liam who's this?" A thin boy who looked round about 15 years old asked sitting down next to the curly blond.

"Hey pretty lady." A red head greeted with a wink and slid in next to me.

After he slid in, James joined sliding in next to Mason who pur his arm on the couch behind me. The smell of alcohol burned my nose as he spoke and I looked over at Liam.

"Come here." Liam whispered moving closer to me.

He must've sensed my mood and moved closer to him so that we were now in the middle of the booth with the tree boys on the side. Liam put his hand on my knee, burning it with his touch. The circles he drew on my knee with his thumb relaxed me slightly and I looked around the booth st the smirking faces.

"What? You're not going to introduce us?" The curly blond asked making James chuckle.

With a sigh Liam introduced me to the clearly drunk men. The curly blond was Lucas and the red head was Mason. James was obviously James who I knew from school. Logan was the thin and young looking one who I learnt was actually 17 years old.

"I haven't seen you three around school, do you attend somewhere else?" I asked the two.

Liam's hand on my knee tightened.

"School is for these two losers." Lucas laughed reaching over to shove James's shoulder.

James reacted by reaching over and slapping him on his forehead. Mason didn't talk much, he just sat there with a smirk looking between Liam and I.

"Liam. You must be really good at it if she's still around you huh." Mason smirked eyeing me.

My face scrunched up in confusion and Mason chuckled.

"Dude. It's her pussy that must be good for Liam to bring her to our hang out." Logan laughed causing everyone else to do the same.

Liam tensed up and the frown on his face deepened. I wanted to ask what they were talking about, do they think Liam and I are together and having sex? I decided that I hated the stupid 15 year old looking dude because of the way he spoke - he was really blunt with his words but it didn't seem to affect anyone but me.

"Shut the fuck up." Liam sneered eyeing Logan.

"Told you guys." James chuckled. "He's whipped."

What does that mean? Have James been talking about Liam and I to their friends or was Liam talking about them? Why though? This is all confusing and frustrating for me and Loam read my mind when he stood up.

"Let's go Emma." He said in a soft voice grabbing my hand.

He pushed Lucas against Logan and they moved out of the way with a frown.

"Where're you going?" Mason asked when we were finally out of the booth.

"I'll take her home and meet you guys back here in a minute." Liam sighed pulling me towards the door.

The cold air hit me hard when we were out of the restaurant and my arm snaked around my exposed stomach.

"Are you cold?" He asked finally letting go of my forearm.

"No. It's just that my stomach is uncovered." I shrugged.

"Good because I don't have a jacket for you." He chuckled handing me his helmet.

He climbed onto the bike and reached his hand out to help me on. He is pretending like nothing happened but his frown was still plastered on his face and I was still confused as well.

"Liam?" I asked swallowing hard. "What were your friends talking about?"