Chapter 26

7:28pm

10th, April 2021

After hearing the report, Wang Cheng dismissed his shadow guards and went inside the cottage.

Running away from his post was an irresponsible act but Wang Cheng was unwilling to be dragged into muddy water. He could run once, but could not run his entire life. He need to face Wang Zhuang and make everything clear. Moreover, Xingfu entering his life was an unexpected addition so he has to consider everything carefully. Before he went back to the capital he needed to come clean with Xingfu.

Xingfu was still sleeping but his sleep is not peaceful. He seem to have a nightmare. He murmured something but Wang Cheng could not make out what it was. His brows scrunched together.

Wang Cheng went and lay down together with Xingfu, gently pulling the younger man into his bosom. After some time, Xingfu finally calmed down and fell into deep sleep. 

Just like this, morning came. Xingfu was long awake but he simply taking advantage of Wang Cheng and snuggled closer. He hoped every morning would always be like this.

So comfortable

After a while he decided to get up.

"It's still early why don't you sleep some more?" Wang Cheng pulled Xingfu back down. He had long been awake.

Xingfu pried the sticky hands off his waist "The sun is already high. Let's go find some food. Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?"

Xingfu was thinking about going to hunt some games and picked wild mushroom and fruit when he heard Wang Cheng deep voice. "Xingfu ah l have something to tell you."

 His action paused and he had a bad premonition. Maybe he was too sensitive but he felt that Wang Cheng was acting strange today.  "What is it?"

Wang Cheng got up and pull Xingfu into a hug. He put his chin on the young man shoulder and close his eyes. He was afraid that after he revealed everything he would not be able to do this for a while. Never in his life had he felt so nervous. He could not help but let out a mocking laugh at himself. Wang Cheng, you reap what you sow.

"I'm sorry I lied to you."

.........................

A moment later, Wang Cheng came outside with a dejected look. He would have felt less guilty if Xingfu hit or scold him but he was way too calm during the entire confession. Wang Cheng who could easily read other people thought even from their smallest expression could not perceive what Xingfu was thinking at all and that made him felt even more panic.

Recalling what Xingfu had said a while ago and Wang Cheng felt even more baffled.

Give me some time. That was all he said after hearing everything.

It was such a bad idea to confess here out of all place. What if Xingfu was unwilling to go back with him and insist on staying here? He also could not use force. Thinking of this he could only sigh helplessly.

...........................

On the contrary, Xingfu was not calm like Wang Cheng thought. He was just too shock and it took him a while to process what is going on. He was not sure what he should have felt at the moment.

Unexpectedly, there was no anger or sadness but he just felt disappointed. 

Living alone and dying alone, he was most afraid of this but he was also destined to live this. He once thought he didn't care. But when someone showered him just a bit of kindness he was unwilling to return to that mundane and lonely life. Just like now, he thought he was fine, but still he subconsciously hoped that Wang Cheng was just joking.

The other person was lying to him the entire time and probably thought he was a country bumpkin that is easily deceived. 

In return, all he felt was just disappointment, disappoint in himself and Wang Cheng. He was really too pathetic. 

By the time he returned to his sense, his face was already full of tears.

Wiping his tears away, he got up and gathered all of Wang Cheng belongings.

He threw it at the person who was sitting outside. "Scram."

Then he slammed the door shut.

After a while he heard soft knocking from the outside.

"Xingfu I was wrong. I'm sorry."

Xingfu was unmoved.

The person outside paused for a bit, seemingly trying to pieced his words together.

"I have never promise anyone in my life...But I will use my name to promise you that there will never be second time."

"So you give me one more chance."

"Please."