Chapter 24

Aug 30, 2020

6:20pm

[Unedited]

Wang Cheng used his fingers to rub Xingfu's hand, trying to ease his uneasiness. Feeling the cold hand returned its warmth, he silently heaved a sigh of relief. The thing that happened in the past must have been haunting Xingfu all these times but he still put on a brave face.

As if knowing that it would break the serene and peaceful atmosphere, they both tacitly did not bring up the matter regarding Xingfu's past. At this point, the words of comfort was not needed but the presence of the significant other was enough to ease one's mind.

Xingfu's lips unknowing ticked up. These past few months had been like a dream. He had gotten into an unfortunate incident and was almost sold off but this incident was like a blessing in disguise. He met someone who love and protect him. What else could he ask for?

Maybe because he met with a lot of terrible things since he was young, but he had never expect to receive anyone's kindness. The fact that they did not scorn him the moment they saw his appearance was already good enough.

He also hated that sometimes he was too self-aware. He knew Wang Cheng identity was not simple. His future ahead was limitless. In future, when people found out about their affair what if it could affect Wang Cheng? He himself knew better than anyone how terrible rumor could slander and destroy someone. Arriving at his hometown, the root cause of everything, make him feel as if he had woke up and return to face reality once again. Anxiety and helplessness flooded him like an unstoppable torrent.

He had tasted the sweetness of being cherished and pampered, how could he bear to let it go ah? Anyone would not be able to.

Human is indeed greedy and selfish. Xingfu thought.

Nonetheless, he was also a human being. Before, he only mull over how to keep his stomach full and having a roof over his head. Now that the physical needs had been satisfied, his heart also yearned for warmth.

Wang Cheng getting tired of him was a scenario he had gone over in his head countless times. Xingfu had also long prepared himself as he knew what he had gotten himself into. If it really did happen he would bravely accept it and thank Wang Cheng for their time together. Even if they broke up, he wanted it to be on good term.

He was, after all, a very optimistic person, a bit too optimistic. 

What lies ahead was unknown. Come what may, he did not want his past or unknown future to hinder his present happiness. He wished to cherish the moment he spent with Wang Cheng.

Just let me be selfish for once. When that time comes i will not be a hindrance and obstruct your path.

Having made up his mind, his complexion also got better. Brightness once again returned to his whole demeanor.

While Xingfu was lost in thought, the two of them had already arrived at the top of the mountain. Despite the long and tedious walk, Wang Cheng did not even break a sweat. Xingfu, on the other hand, was gasping for breath.

Wang Cheng looked on helplessly and fed the young lad some water.

"Should I carry you on my back?" This was a statement not a question.

Xingfu looked a little baffled. "It is fine. My house is just behind that bamboo grove."

In front of them lied a thick bamboo. Wang Cheng estimated that it would take quite some time to pass through it. 

"There is no need to be embarrassed. No one is here except us. Beside, your husband has sturdy and strong body. You should take advantage of it."

Having said that he smiled coquettishly, seemingly pleased with his own words.

Seeing this big man being so flirtatious like a young maiden, Xingfu could not control his laughter.

"Fine ah. Let see how strong you are." Then he smile a cunning fox spirit.

Seeing this kind of Xingfu, Wang Cheng was a bit dazed so his reaction was slow. That laughter and smile seemed to poke directly through his heart. Then he smiled and knelt down. Xingfu immediately pounced on him from behind.

Wang Cheng was not expecting that sudden jump. He stumbled a bit and almost his balanced. Two pairs of eyes turned to look at each other. One was full of naughtiness and another one was startled. Then they both giggled at their silliness. 

Wang Cheng thought. That's right. What was he startlet for? Young people should be like this. Being able to laugh and full of mischief. He was, after all, just a young person.

His smile deepened. There was a determination in his eyes. 

Author's note:

Hope everyone is safe amidst this pandemic. ( '・・)ノ(._.')

And...sorry for the lack of update ('。_。`)