Chapter 17

May 12  2019
5:21 pm

“I like you.” These three simple words struck him like lightning. Xingfu stared at Wang Cheng with surprise. His eyes were filled with uncertainty, not believing what he had just heard.

Both of them were sitting face to face on the bed. Xingfu paused and then tilted his head up. “You like me?”

“En”

“As what?”

Wang Cheng smiled and planted a light kiss on Xingfu’s smooth forehead, which caused the other person to stunned silly. His eyes were overflowed with amusement and adoration. He looked straight into Xingfu’s eyes and emphasized. “As a lover.”

Xingfu was silent for a long time. The shocking information that he had received today was tremendous. He was having a hard time digesting all of it. With much difficulty, he managed to uttered a word, “Why?”

Wang Cheng reached out his hand and tidy up Xingfu’s unruly hair. The feeling of the soft silky hair on his finger was really comfortable. “It is because you are special. I don’t know why but I can’t seem to move my eyes away from you.”

His words were very straightforward. Xingfu’s ears slightly reddened. Xingfu was about to say that he was just a servant and came from low background. But as if Wang Cheng could read his thought, he added, “Your identity doesn’t matter. I like you because of who you are.”

“But I am a man…”

Wang Cheng was decisive. “It has nothing to do with your gender.

Xingfu looked at Wang Cheng with distress. His words were too good that it did not give him any room to refute back.

Xingfu spent most of his life on the mountain but he was not oblivious to worldly affair. He had learnt of the term ‘cut sleeve’ since a long time ago. Moreover, Jin Sheng was a free and indiscriminate country. The people of Jin Sheng were very open minded so same sex lovers was not uncommon.

However, from what he had observed, Wang Cheng was not just any common people. He seemed to be a high rank official in court. His residence alone was enough as proof. Not anyone could owned such a big mansion….. If he married a man, wouldn’t that be tainted his reputation?

Subconsciously, he already thought about marriage matter. Xingfu was baffled by this own thought. He quickly tossed out his silly thought. After all, he always regarded Wang Cheng as his savior. Never had he thought their relationship would develop into lovers.

Wang Cheng saw Xingfu’s hesitant eyes and sighed. “I won’t force you to make a decision. You can slowly give it a thought. Don’t worry.”

Xingfu was silent for a moment before nodding.

Somehow this was much easier than he thought. Wang Cheng patted Xingfu's head and said, “It’s getting late. Let’s go to sleep.”

Both of them laid down and retired for the night. Wang Cheng’s breath was steady. It seemed that he had fallen asleep. Xingfu, however, could not so he just calmly laid in the bed and thinking silently.

Over the years, he had always thought that he would be spending his life alone at that quiet and remoted place. But to him, that was not a particularly bad thing. All he wanted was to live his life peacefully.

However, in these past few months, his dull and boring life had faced some changes. And Wang Cheng was the biggest change.

After a while, he fell asleep.

Xingfu dreamt of Wang Cheng.

In the dream, there were images where Wang Cheng took him out to play at the lantern festival. He remembered that he enjoyed it so much. Everywhere around him was lit with colorful lanterns. They walk through the sea of people and eating delicious foods. At midnight both them silently sit next to each to each other and viewing the moon.

After that, the scene at Wang residence appeared. In the study, Wang Cheng was doing his work. Xingfu prepared tea and some light snack for Wang Cheng. Then he sit down at the small couch beside the window and read book. Sometimes he would fall asleep and when he woke up he would saw Wang Cheng outer robe on his body.

When eating or spending time together, both of them did not really talk much but there was no awkwardness. Instead, it was leisure and peaceful.

There was nothing extravagant about any of this events, but it was a life he could never think of and it was thanked to Wang Cheng’s companionship.

As if the vast world outside was unfolded in front of him for the first time, he discovered how insignificant he was. The world was wide and life was wonderful. Upon this realization, he did not want to back to his old life and closed himself into a narrow corner.

Waking up in the morning, Xingfu recalled his dream. It was full of Wang Cheng’s shadow. Unbeknownst to him, Wang Cheng had long entered the depths of his heart.

Could this unrequited feeling become love? He was not sure. He was afraid it was out of gratitude.

Wang Cheng woke up earlier than Xingfu and had already washed up. Seeing Xingfu looking daze on the bed while thinking, he leaned closer and asked, “What are you thinking about? Is it me?”

Xingfu who was still in a trance replied, “Yes.”
Wang Cheng was a bit surprised by his straightforwardness. He was in great mood and grinned from ear to ear and chuckle.

Xingfu was turning beet red when realizing what he had just blurted out.

Wang Cheng sit down and pulled Xingfu into his embrace. This time Xingfu did not reject which made Wang Cheng felt even more delighted. “So honest ahhh. Tell me, what are you thinking about? Is it about how handsome I am?”

Xingfu didn’t say anything and using all his strength to hit a certain shameless person.
Wang Cheng pretended to be hurt he released Xingfu and they sit face to face again.

“I was thinking what would happen if we become lovers. How will we get along?”

Wang Cheng’s heart was beating wildly. Since Xingfu was thinking about this matter, this showed that he had a place in Xingfu’s heart. He wasn’t thinking about refusing but thinking about how to accept. Sure enough he made the right decision by confessing!

 Sure enough he made the right decision by confessing!

Thank you for reading (*´꒳'*)