Chapter 10

13/Feb/2019

"Next year let's come here again...together." The year after next year and the year after that...forever.

Xingfu was a bit startled then he replied "Y-Yes"

Cheng was caught off-guard. He said that on a whim and did not expect Xingfu to actually agree. He stopped walking and turned around to look at the younger man behind him. His lips curved up into a charming smile. Xingfu perplexingly looked at Cheng who, all of sudden, looked so delighted.

Under the full silver moon, the luminous illuminated his translucent skin contrasted to his dark gray garment and Cheng's black outer robe, making his entire frame glowed ever more. His silky black hair tumbled all over his shoulders. His glowing bright eyes were half covered but it didn't deduct his charming points. In fact it made him looked ever more seductive and mysterious. In front of him, Xingfu carried a resemblance to an ethereal beauty that cannot be touch.

Cheng looked at the breathtaking scene before his eyes for a long while imprinting this image inside his mind. At this moment, he wanted to pull the younger man into his embrace and hug him tightly until there was no space between them. He wanted to kiss those cherry red lips, touching his porcelain white skin, tainting him, making those beautiful eyes saw no one but him. His desire to monopolize Xingfu was getting stronger and stronger. However, he did not want Xingfu to see his dark side and get hurt. He could only suppressed his urge and lock up the beast inside him.

He stretched out his hand and gently stroke Xingfu's cheek that had turned red because of the cold.

"I'm looking forward to it." There, Cheng gave Xingfu a warm smile that he had never shown to anyone else. This snapped Xingfu back to reality.

""Your hand...it is cold." In fact, it was quite pleasant when Cheng stroke his cheek that he almost purred like a cat but he refused to admit it. Xingfu looked away trying to hide his embarrassment but that particular action only made it more obvious.

Cheng also seemed to noticed this predicament "Is that so? I'm sorry." He withdrew his hand while chuckled under his breath without looking apologetic at all.

"Let's hold hand instead." Cheng.

"Why?"

"Because my hand is cold." He used Xingfu's excuse to hold hand.

Xingfu, "...."

Cheng did not wait for his reply. He stretched out his big hand and firmly linking it with Xingfu's hand. Xingfu tried to pull back his hand but Cheng's grip was as tight as iron.

"Don't struggle."

"But two guys holding hand....Isn't it strange?"

"What is so strange about it? Hmm?"

Xingfu was, once again, speechless. He did not know how to refute back.

Not waiting for anymore objection, Cheng drag Xingfu along with him. Both of them were walking hand in hand under the moonlight. One looked like he was on cloud nine while the other looked like he wanted to jump into a nearby lake to hide his embarrassment.

S-shameless! And why am I going along with him? Xingfu's heart was relentlessly stirred by Cheng's action. He felt a small boat that was floating on the stormy sea and was violently attacked by unceased turbulent waves. Xingfu looked at Cheng's broad shoulders and then peering at their linking hands with mixed feeling.

He was an orphan. He used to being alone and fend for himself at a young age. Beside his mother, he had never received the warmth and kindness from anyone else. He was prepared to endure any hardship when he heard he was going to be a servant but that never happened.

He did not know why Cheng was so good toward him. Cheng looked after him as if he was a family. He was able to eat good food, sleeping in warm bed and wearing comfortable table clothes all thank to Cheng. He was not used to being taken care of that's why he felt awkward around Cheng whenever he received his attention but somewhere deep down he was secretly moved. His feeling for Cheng was so perplexed that he himself cannot accurately define it.

Cheng who walked in the front suddenly halted.

Xingfu "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Let's hurry home." Cheng turned back and give Xingfu a reassuring smile, but that smile did not reach his eyes. However, Xingfu did not notice this abnormality.

"Enn" He replied and yawned, shedding a small tear at the end of his eye and it lingered on his long lash. Cheng stretched out his hand to wipe that tear.

"Sleepy?"

"Ennn" Xingfu replied in a lazy manner.

"Want a piggy back ride?"

"Ennn...piggy..?...huh?? No!" This man pulled his leg again!

Cheng chuckled and stopped teasing Xingfu. However, when he turned to the front again, his warmth smile a moment ago vanished. His eyes turned icy cold. His grip on Xingfu's hand tightened. He glanced at the a few black shadows on the roof and sneered.

--------------

Inside the imperial study, a few men in black were kneeling in front a man sitting on the dragon throne. His eyes were closed while listening to the men in black reporting something. His handsome face was solemn and vacant of any expression.

After the report ended, he opened his eyes. At that moment, the atmosphere inside the imperial study suddenly went heavy and oppressive. A few men in black could not help but cower in terror as the emperor's eyes went colder and colder.

All of them were bathed in cold sweat while holding their breath. They had been working for the emperor for so many years but they could never get used to his dignified and majestic aura.

"You may leave."

Hearing these three words, all of them almost sighed in relief. They kowtowed and quickly fled into different direction blending in the darkness.

The man on the dragon throne closed his eyes again. His lips curved up showing a rare and amused smile.

"A boy huh?" 

Thank you for reading OwO

And please vote for this chapter UwU