Chapter 28

7:59pm

29, April 2021

The two of them hug for a while and no one spoke. Xingfu buried his face in Wang Cheng's bosom. Wang Cheng didn't notice anything strange at first but a moment later he could felt a wet patch on his chest.

"Xingfu what's wrong?" He wanted to let go of Xingfu and take a look but the person in his arms refused to budge.

Xingfu was strong a moment ago and when the dust had settle, his bottled up emotion rush out like a broken dam. He was only eighteen after all. No matter how mature he was, right now he can't help but tearing up again.

Wang Cheng got even more panicked. After some force and coaxing he finally pulled Xingfu away from his chest and wipe his tears. "Don't cry alright? I'm sorry."

"Sto-p saying-hik sorry-hik- I...don't want hik to hear-it wuwuwuwu"

"Alright alright I won't say it anymore." Wang Cheng tried to appease him.

Xingfu, despite his swollen eyes, tried to look calm and composed. Wang Cheng couldn't help but leaned forward to kiss those lovely eyes.

"I need to ask you something." There was a seriousness in his tone, but his hoarse voice and red nose betrayed him. "Do you have any concubines?"

Oh?? Someone is jealous. Wang Cheng smiled and kiss those ruddy lips that were red and swollen because of crying.

"I don't have any at the moment and also don't plan to have any in the future."

Of course there were maid servants and people that were sent by those who try to gain some favor from him but he already gave them some money and sent them all away.

"You are not allowed to have any."

"Mnn I won't have any. I'll do as you say."

Although he tried to act calm. Xingfu complexion looked much better after hearing Wang Cheng answer.

"Let's go meet my mother tomorrow."

Wang Cheng was stunned, thinking of Xingfu' family and their current relationship. He smiled and squeezed Xingfu's hand.

"Alright let's go meet mother in law."

------------------------

After Wang Cheng had confessed everything to Xingfu, the atmosphere between the two of them had changed to a certain degree. If there were subtle awkwardness and courteousness when they interacted before, right now they are completely open with each other.

The next day Xingfu led Wang Cheng to the place where his mother was laid to rest. It was located in a good spot near a big Gingko tree not far from their place.

Wang Cheng asked his people to prepare incense and paper money in advance. Xingfu burnt the incense and paper money then he kowtowed in front of the grave.

Wang Cheng was a prince and his status was much higher so he didn't kowtowed but burn some incense to pay respect.

After the ceremony, the two sat down in front of the grave.

"Mom I haven't visit you for a while now I'm such an unfilial son. Please forgive me."

"Mom don't blame Xingfu it was me who is keeping him from coming."

Xingfu looked at Wang Cheng with incredulous gaze. Then he turned to look at the gravestone and smiled, pointing to Wang Cheng who seat next to him.

"Mom I forgot to tell you. I brought a daughter in law back."

Wang Cheng raised his eyebrow and gave Xingfu a funny look. "Naughty."

He rubbed Xingfu's head then turned to look at the grave stone and promised "Mom I am your son in law. From now on I will take care of Xingfu well so don't worry. Please give us your blessing."

Xingfu felt emotional again. His tear glance became rather sensitive lately but he hold it back.

Today's weather was very nice. There was warm sunshine and there was also a faint aroma of wild flower mingled with the smell of burnt paper and incense in the air. Xingfu took a deep breath and sort out his emotion.

He looked at Wang Cheng who was helping tidy up the leaves and plants around the grave then turned his head to look at the gravestone and stroke it gently.

Mom this person is really good to me and I think I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him.

Don't worry mom I will live happily so you don't have to remain here and look after me.

I hope you reincarnate and meet good people in your next life.

I miss you so much mom.