Chapter 25

December 01, 2020

7:16pm

[Unedited]

Half an hour later, the two of them only managed to get through half of the bamboo forest.

With his leg swinging back and forth, Xingfu was telling some stories about his life on the mountain.

He said "That one time I actually encountered a wild boar!"

Wang Cheng was very amused as he asked "Is that so?"

With a face full of thrill and excitement he continued "That's right! Thankfully I ran very fas. So I outran the boar and climb a high tree. The boar circled the tree for a long time but could not catch me so it left with a grieved face haha"

This seemingly foolish conversation continued. Xingfu lied on Wang Cheng shoulder. He felt both warmth and content. He felt like as long as Wang Cheng was here nothing could hurt him.

Wang Cheng listened very attentively, once in while he would also chime in a few words. In fact Xingfu was actually very sleepy. However he wanted to keep Wang Cheng accompany so he tried to talk more to dispel the sleepiness.

However, after half an hour later he could no longer keep his eyes opened.

"Get some sleep."

"I'm fine. We are pretty close to my house now."

"Children should not be stubborn or they will get spanked." To prove his statement, his hand gave those perky butt a light tap.

Baffled by such perverted move Xingfu pursed his lips "...Shameless uncle"

The word uncle poked right through Wang Cheng's sore spot. Uncle!?? He was barely thirty. He was a highly sought after bachelor in Jin Sheng!

Before Wang Cheng could retort back. He heard Xingfu spoke in a small wronged voice.

"I'm just afraid you might lonely so I wanted to accompany you to talk."

Wang Cheng's anger was dispel just like that. If he had not known Xingfu, he would have thought this little vixen who played with his heart is a great schemer.

"Fine. I'm the one who is in the wrong. You get some sleep. I'll wake you up later."

"Enn" Xingfu uttered in a small voice. His previous statement was a bit overboard. Such childish behavior was really unacceptable. He had not really mean to make Wang Cheng feel bad.

Seeing that Wang Cheng remained silent. Xingfu tightened his clutch and nestle on his back.

"Sorry for calling you uncle. Actually you are not old." To prove his point he hurried added "All the middle age men I have seen before all have big belly but you don't. So don't worry."

At an angle Xingfu could not see, the blue veins on Wang Cheng temple were about to explode but luckily Wang Cheng self-restrained was abnormally high.

After a while he squeezed out a question "So to you I'm still an uncle??"

To his disappointment he did not get any replied. Wang Cheng listened closely and he could hear Xingfu's even breathing. He had fallen asleep. He stood there for a moment, stunned, that sigh helplessly.

Wang Cheng slowed down his steps as to not rouse Xingfu from his sleep. He gave the silly horse that had been following them a cold glance, warning it not to make any unnecessary sound or it would become their dinner.

The proud horse, as though aware of the danger, neigh in frustration and back away from the sinister human.

Wang Cheng was satisfied and continue his track. By the time they leave the bamboo forest, the sky was fully dark. Thankfully, today was a full moon night so Wang Cheng could manage to find his way around.