:Part One: Chapter Four

~Chapter Four~

It was revenge time. I knew exactly how to tick Elliot off after more research. As it turns out, the guy had never been challenged, and I was going to be a challenge at every course he decided to take. That meant I pulled out a list of the classes and activities we’d meet up in. The next day, I was beyond ready.

I sat down jovially at my seat next to him, and he smirked. Yup, he was back to being Stoner.

After placing my binder on the table, aligning it properly, I turned to meet his smug face. “Good morning, Elliot,” I smiled the smile I’d only give a friend. It worked.

Elliot’s eyes barely narrowed, but I caught the twitch. Still, he smiled. Before I realised what he was doing, he brushed back my fringes behind my ears. It felt intimate. “Back for more, are we?” he teased.

I sighed, “About that,” I smiled sweetly. His smirk deepened, and I leaned forward. His nosy friends also leaned in. I whispered. “Guys are getting sloppier and sloppier by the day, you know. I swear I had drool all over my lips from you, yuck.”

The friends roared in laughter, and Elliot’s smirk became icy. I leaned back in my seat and smiled as the teacher came in. “I don’t know what you’re up to, but be warned. Yesterday was just a kiss, I could do more and your crush won't letyou stop me.”

I blushed. Damn him for that. “I’m not-”

“-Interested,” he mocked. “Didn’t seam so yesterday, the whole school is saying.”

My gaze snapped from the board and to him, who’d resumed his studies. I scowled. What was he up to? Either way, I smoothed my features and returned to paying attention.

“Good morning class,” Mr.Daniels greeted smoothly. I’d learned he was always cheerful in the morning, but not in the evening. “We’ll start today with a recount on what you’ve done so far. Let’s do this according to the right partners, shall we? Miss. Grayson.”

And they recounted what they had done. People were nearly done, I was barely there, except for the list I’d compiled on my part. On the seventh person, I’d dreamed out of it, and was slightly sad my own partner wasn't as cooperative as the others.

Why was that?

“Ouch!” I jumped, whirling around to find a smirking Elliot. The whole class stopped to glance at us. Some were smiling, the friends behind us were snickering like the idiots they were. I glared at the boy who was the source of it all.

Mr.Daniels lifted his head to peer at me. “Is there a problem, Miss. Jenkins?”

Elliot dared me with his eyes, but I shrieked out my anger anyway. “He just pulled my hair.” the class laughed in amusement. Elliot did the brow cocking thing again, and it aggravated me. I scowled.

“Is this so, Mr.Dupree?” Mr.Daniels was clearly amused by the situation.

Elliot baffled me further as he nodded. “She was droning out, Mr. Daniels, and you did say you don’t expect tardiness,” my mouth was hanging open by now. “I didn’t want her to get in trouble; after all, I am her partner.”

“That’s not true!” I was baffled. Elliot had the perfect image of an angel, with the blonde hair and the blue eyes. And let’s not forget the pouting lips. It seemed like I was the only one who could see the horns pocking out of the curled mess.

“And what isn’t true, Miss. Jenkins?” Mr.Daniels asked calmly.

I whirled to him, pointing at my ‘angelic’ partner. “That’s a demon, I tell you,” I said. “He did it to have his fun. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself.”