:Part One: Chapter Eleven

~Chapter Eleven~

It was times like these that I wanted to kill him.

Standing at the front of the school, I had been waiting for the second new student, who had a nearly similar schedule to mine. The student and teachers committee had determined it wiser to apply him to someone whose schedule wouldn't be interfered with.

But watching the same blue-eyed, blonde haired boy walk up the stairs, arrogantly and leisurely, I determined death would be the best solution to get rid of him. Filled with fury and determined to lash out at him, I ignored the obvious.

"What do you think you're doing?" I snapped as I walked right up to him.

He stopped, reeling back in surprised. "Excuse me?"

My brows shot up. "Excuse you? Excuse you?" I demanded. "This is not funny. Your acts, your words, your irresponsibility is not funny. I've wasted my first period waiting for the new student to come, and I do not find it funny that you come in parading as some newbie when in fact you're still the same jerk."

He pushed his hands out. "Excuse me, but I think you have the wrong person."

I scoffed. "Right, wrong person," I flipped through the papers and pulled out his supposed name. "Dupree, right?" I asked.

Eyes wide, he realized the game was up. "Um, yeah."

"So I have the wrong person?" I asked cynically. The guy looked ready to bolt, but that was so unlike Elliot. No, it was him still trying to play with my head. "Tell me something, how did you pull it off? How did you make this come out so well I didn't notice it until the very end? Was this a ruse to play with my mind or is this payment for using my brother? Well?"

"Morning, Shorty," Elliot said from my side, completely amused.

I rolled my eyes and glanced at him. "Not now, Elliot," I snapped, and one corner of his lips tilted up. "I'm busy scolding you right now." I turned back to Elliot. "You are in trouble. I don't know how you managed to pull this off, but I'm calling the principal, the superintendent and the school committee for you. You haven't gotten detention? How about a proper expulsion to..."

I trailed off. One and two finally came together and I took an astounded step back. Chris was laughing, as usual, eyes glistening with moist. Elliot had his arms crossed and was watching me with one of his cheeky, rare smiles. He looked good, too good.

And finally, the newbie was definitely not Elliot. Finally, important details filtered into my mind and a clear picture was captured. His hair was more sandy than buttery. His blue eyes were a clear aquamarine, not the shards of ice I was used to seeing.

I took another step back, eyes going wide as both 'Elliot' smirked. This couldn't be possible, they looked so identical, but not identical. The same chiselled jaws, the same dimples, the same thick brows and the stare, the knowing stares were a sharp blade to my already whirling thoughts.

"There's two of you?" I shrieked. My mouth dropped open as the realisation struck. I waited for it to fade away, for someone to jump out of... somewhere and tell me I was being tricked. Nope, it stuck to my head. I shook my head and glanced back down at the paper in hand, and there was the clue I'd forgotten. Elijah Dupree: associations to the school: Elliot Dupree.

"Since you've made a complete mess of this," Elijah glared at his brother, who rolled his eyes, but still remained amused. "My name is Elijah Dupree, but do call me Eli."

I nodded as he offered me a hand. I was astounded. Elliot never introduced himself. "Are you quite certain you are related?" I went on at the shared confused glances. "I can already tell I'm going to like you. You have manners, manners I admire."