:Part One: Chapter Seven

~Chapter Seven~

We were working on the project, a thesis on how electrodes can be used in industries, with all sorts of explanations. Thankfully, it was to be printed.

We’d gotten past the awkwardness, and surprisingly, fallen into a studying mood. We’d done the planning with all the assembling of data, and it was heading towards six in the evening. Luckily Macy’s closed at eight. I was typing while he was reciting.

“Hold on,” I said, to which he stopped. “In the system to become…” and he repeated. His voice was smooth as he read, and I was lulled into something peaceful. He was serious when he studied, and I realised Elliot was smart, probably smatter than his GPO. I think I liked him more then, unfortunately I’d ruined things.

We were scrolling through some papers to correct an error, when one of the waitresses came over with two steaming cups of coffee.

“Hey guys,” she smiled sweetly. I smiled back, Elliot simply acknowledged her with a nod as he returned to the scrolling. “Macy wanted me to bring you guys this. She said one of your teachers paid for it.”

Curiously I glanced to Elliot, who was just as astounded. “From St. Patrick’s?” I asked.

She nodded enthusiastically. “He told me to tell you specifically,” She pointed to me, “‘Job done well.”

Elliot scoffed, I blushed. So far, I didn’t like how well my job worked out. I smiled thankfully as she placed the mug of coffee close to me but far from the laptop. “Thank you,” I read the tag on her blouse. “Jenifer.”

She smiled appreciatively. “Oh, and to Elliot, he said something like: have fun, doesn’t necessarily have to be bad considering all that has happened and will happen,” even she was confused at that, but Elliot shrugged it off. She left after.

I couldn’t stay silent. “Listen, Elliot about earlier–”

“Let’s just get this over and done with,” he said over me. I clumped my mouth shut and let a peaceful smile play at my lips, as my mother used to advice. Do not show your disappointment yet; the game isn’t over until you can't feel anymore.

“I mean it, I’m sorry–”

“What? Can't deal with the consequences?” he scoffed, eyes blazing with fury I knew he was suppressing. My chin inched higher in defiance, because I knew he was trying to scare me.  He smiled, but it was cold. “Let’s just get this over and done with. You’ve done your part, and I have to admit, it was impressive how you accomplished the task. But are you certain you can accept the consequences?” he leaned in closer to me, so much so that we were a few inches from each other, and I could feel his warm exhales.

It was because I refused to back down that we ended up that close. I couldn’t speak even as my mouth was hanging open, ready to retort. I couldn’t move, because I was captivated by his heat. All I could accomplish was gulp in awareness of how close his lips were.

Pink lips that seemed angelic.

“Want me to kiss you?” he offered, and something about it wasn't mocking. I glanced from his lips to his eyes. If I had options before, they were gone now. Fire glazed with ice. No, it was like when the arctic froze in winter and suddenly smoke rose from different points. It sent shivers of delight all over my body.

I smirked shakily, and I noticed the smug look on his face. Of course, I was being used. “Right, like I’d agree to that,” I scoffed mockingly, pushing back. “No way, mister.”

Only, to Elliot, ‘no’ will always mean ‘yes’ most especially if it’s something he wants. Hot and demanding, his covered mine in a flash. I gasped at the sudden intrusion; found my mind dizzying before I knew it. Why? Because I was kissing him back just as passionately.