ch.10 : i'll see you around , monty

"hey...tory?" i said in confusion but also shock.

"what are you guys doing here?" she asked as her eyes darted between me and jaden.

"uh i'm actually here to apply for a job" i said.

"oh." she says as she looks into a bag she's holding onto.

"you?" i ask.

"i work here." her eyes soften.

"cool." i say , before anyone could say anything else the worker i was speaking to before came back to the front desk.

"okay , here is your application. bring this in next monday and we'll get you ready for the interview." he said. "also i didn't get your name?" he continued his tone sounded like a question.

"thank you! and it's montgomery alvarez." i said back to the worker.

"alright montgomery , it's nice to meet you. i'm timothy" he said with a smile.

"likewise." i return the smile while grabbing the application from the front desk.

"hey tory , you ready to start your shift?" he asks as he looked behind me , directing his attention to tory.

"yeah" she said.

"i'll be in the car okay?" jaden says as she gives me a kiss on the cheek and leaves the front doors of the skating rink.

tory walks past me making her way to the back room but before she could i lightly grabbed her hand and she turned around to look at me.

"hey so um , i'll see you around?" i asked her with a hopeful look on my face.

"yeah. i'll see you around , monty" she said with a small smile on her face.

i smile back and make my way out the front doors of the skating rink. i walked to jaden's car and get into the passenger seat with a smile on my face.

"i'm guessing things went well in there?" she giggled as she started her car.

"yeah actually , i think me and tory are gonna be able to work things out. and don't worry , i'll work things out with you and her as well." i assured her.

"thank you , monty. i really think all three of us would be really good friends." she said as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"yeah , i think so too" i said as i placed my left hand on her right thigh.

"so i was wondering , maybe you can come over some time and reunite with my dad again. he really does miss you." she said as she grabbed my hand from her thigh to interlock our fingers.

"maybe i can come over tonight?" i suggested.

"really?" she asked in excitement.

"yeah sure , we've been talking about it for a while now so why not?" i said as i reclined my seat back to get comfortable ; still holding hands with jaden.

"yaaay! let's go to the mall and get some clothes so we can have dinner tonight" she lets out a shriek and puts both hands on the wheel to make a u-turn.

"didn't you already get clothes from the mall a couple days ago?" i chuckled.

"well yeah but , i need cuter clothes for tonight." she said in an obvious tone.

"ugh alright" i groaned as i reclined the passenger seat farther.

"okay , what about this?" jaden asked me as she came into my bedroom in like her fourth outfit she had bought from the mall.

"jaden you look good in anything , i told you already" i said as i was slouched on my bed , looking up at her.