ch.18 : better than her

i hate the title of this chapter omg.

after i visited jaden at the hospital , i went back to my apartment and arrived there at about 4:15am. i quietly shut and locked the front door behind me and made my way to my bedroom.

i opened up my bedroom door to see tory's back against my headboard. she was sitting up on my bed while on her phone , she had her shirt back on and by the looks of it she was in her underwear since i saw a bit of her waist from the side of my blanket.

"hey , where were you?" tory asked me in a raspy voice.

"hospital." i sighed as i closed my bedroom door behind me.

i took off my shirt so i was left in my tank top and shorts , i sat on the edge of my bed and threw my keys on my dresser.

"why?" she asked me. i felt my bed move a little and saw tory's hands on my shoulders , as she started massaging them.

"jaden." i simply said.

i felt her remove her hands from my shoulders and get off my bed. she pulled the chair from under my desk to sit in front of me.

"is she alright?" tory asked me.

"she did heroin." i sighed.

"holy shit." she got up from the chair to sit down next to me. "how is she?" she grabbed my hand to hold it.

"she has tubes breathing for her and shit." i threw my head down and felt tears roll down my face.

"shit." she sighed. "she's gonna be okay , monty." she said as she brought her hands to my face to make me look at her. "let's visit her tomorrow after work , okay?" she wiped my tears.

"really?"

"i know we don't like each other but you guys have a long history together and you obviously still care for her , so yes. only for you." she smiled and finished wiping my face clean.

i simply nodded.

"i love you." she continued as she removed her hands from my face.

"i know , you kept saying it last night." i chuckled and got up from the edge of my bed.

"oh my god , stop." she blushed as she threw her head down in embarrassment. it was cute.

"come on , let's go back to sleep." i smiled.

"okay." she smiled back and crawled back into my bed.

i plugged in my phone and placed it onto my nightstand , tory handed my her phone so i could i do the same thing.

"goodnight , tory." i yawned as i got into bed , wrapping my arms around her waist.

"goodnight , monty." she said as her back faced me.

i placed a kiss on the side of her head and felt my eyes get heavy as we both dozed off.

"babe , come on! we can't be late!" tory shouted from the kitchen.

"alright damn , just give me a minute!" i shouted back as i put on my sneakers.

once i was done with that i grabbed my phone from my nightstand and left my room. i saw tory on the kitchen island eating a pop tart.

"and you're telling me to hurry up?" i joked as i playfully hit her knee.

"yess , you were taking too long!" she giggled as she handed me one of the pop tarts from the wrapper.