ch.16 : you did it

montgomery's last day in court.
montgomery's pov:

"if the defendant will please stand." the judge said.

i stood up along with my attorney. with tear after tear rolling down my face. whatever happens next could determine whether i go to jail or go home , safe and sound.

"in the district court of Reseda City Jail , Judicial Branch Of California. the state of California versus Montgomery Alvarez , number 64 8D03982. we the jury , find defendant Montgomery Alvarez...not guilty of the assault of Jaden Cunningham." the judge said.

i let out a sigh of relief and cried some more , as my friends behind me started cheering.

once i was found not guilty me and my attorney did some more paperwork and i was finally able to leave.

"you did it , baby." tory said with a smile as she wiped my tears.

"i know , i feel like a weights been lifted from my shoulders." i said as i let out a little chuckle.

we were outside the courtroom , getting ready to leave. after a while i finally collected myself and we made our way to leave the courthouse. as we were leaving we heard our names being called from behind us. we turned around to see our friends with big grins on their faces.

"hey guys." i smiled.

"hey." miguel said as he got in between me and tory to place his arms around us.

"that was intense." hawk chuckled.

"right , the judge was all like nOt gUiLtY" mitch laughed as he mocked the judge.

"are you okay after all that?" chris asked me with a small smile.

"yeah , i'm good man. it was just really hard to deal with." i gave him a reassuring smile.

"you've been arrested before though , right?" demetri asked.

"yeah , but i've never been to court or anything like that." i laughed.

we actually had a pretty great conversation and continued to make our way out the courthouse. when we walked out of the courthouse i saw jaden from the corner of my eye. she gave me a nod and i gave her a nod back with a small smile.

"alright i'll see you guys around!" i shouted to my friends as i was about to get into the drivers seat of my car.

"wait!" i heard a familiar voice yell form behind me.

it was robby , who didn't attend my court hearing. he also had his skateboard with him , and little beads of sweat on his forehead from running.

"hey! where were you dude?" i said as i hugged him once he caught up to me.

"sorry , i was hanging out with some friends from the skate park." he said , hugging me back.
"how was it? are you alright? how are you feeling after it?" he eagerly asked me.

"i'm fine i'm fine." i laughed. "i'm not guilty." i smiled.

"that's great monty." he gave me another hug.

"you going somewhere?" i asked as we pulled away.

"yeah actually , there's this party going on later. you going?" he asked me.

"no actually , i'm meeting tory's mom later." i smiled.

before he could respond tory honked the horn from the passenger seat of my car signaling for us to hurry up.

"speaking of , i should probably hurry up. we gotta get to work." i gave him one more hug.

"alright. i'll see you tomorrow?" he asked.