ch.19 : emancipation

"you're only saying that because you don't like her monty!" miguel shouted in my face.

"but it's true! why would i lie about something like that?" i shouted back as we were now face to face

"BECAUSE YOU DONT FUCKING LIKE HER MONTGOMERY!" he shouted , now at the top of his lungs.
"AND YOU WOULD SAY ANYTHING JUST TO GET HER TO STOP SEEING ME!" he continued. i don't think miguel's ever been this mad at me. hell , i don't think miguel's ever been mad at me. since the day i met him we were inseparable , and we've never really gotten into any arguments since we were so alike. i consider him a brother , just how i consider robby a brother.

"BUT IM TELLING THE TRUTH MIGUEL!" i shouted back , just as loud.

he took a deep breath and looked at me with cold eyes. "whatever montgomery. do whatever you need to do , alright? just leave me the fuck alone." he said calmly and coldly.

i stood there in shock. what did he even mean by that? with that he left my apartment , leaving me standing in the living room ; in hopes that i didn't just lose one of my best friends.

i sighed and walked down to my bedroom to see tory who was laying down in my bed. she was sleeping before miguel came over , shit. i didn't mean to wake her up. i didn't wanna stress her out either. her mom just died and she's just , not the same. i let out another sigh and went over to the spare bedroom to see her brother who was surprisingly sleeping peacefully. i went back into my room and sat next to where tory was laying.

"is everything okay?" she asked softly.

"miguel doesn't believe me about sam and robby. he said that i would do anything to get her to stop seeing him." i rasped out. "it's so stupid bro." i scoffed. "he'd rather believe sam than me. i've been like a sister to him all these years and he immediately took sam's side." i sighed in frustration.

my bed moved a bit and i heard sniffles coming from tory. she crawled up on me to sit on my lap. i looked at her to see her cherry red face and bloodshot eyes. she put her arms around my neck trying to comfort me.

"how you feeling , tory?" i asked as i rub my hands up and down her back.

"shitty."

"you're gonna be alright. i promise. but right now we have to get some paperwork done for you to get emancipated." i informed her.

"my god." she threw her head down and put her hands on her face , rubbing her face up and down. "this is so frustrating. i don't even know where to start." she sighed.

she looked back up at me and her eyes quickly filled with tears. "don't cry , don't cry." i whispered and  wrapped my arms around her lower back to tightly hug her.

"don't cry baby , it's okay." i whispered as she brought her arms back around my neck , putting her head on my shoulder. i felt her tears soak into my shirt as she cried some more.

she let out a sad whimper and i felt a piece of my heart break. i couldn't handle seeing her like this , it made me wanna cry ; myself.

after about 5 minutes of tory crying onto my shoulder i felt her whole body go limp , and heard a small snore coming from her stuffy nose. i hovered over her for a quick second as i laid her on my bed so she can sleep. i pulled my blanket over her and lightly shut my door as i left my bedroom.

i check on tory's brother one more time and he was still sleeping. i put on my hoodie and sneakers and made my way out of my apartment to go for a late night drive. i drove for a couple of hours and ended up outside of jaden's house. i knew for a fact jaden wasn't there though , she was put into a rehab center about a week after our last hospital visit.