【21】

Three months later

Harry

I felt the warmth of her body radiating off of me as she laid next to me. I watched in awe as her fingers played with my own. She twisted one of my silver rings around my finger. The blue nail polish on three of my fingers chipping away from when she painted them a week ago.

A memory replayed in my mind, one that felt just like yesterday.

"What do they mean?" she asked, her voice soft and low. My hand laid limp in her own as she examined my rings.

"They all don't really have meaning. The red ruby, I got that from my mom" I say, my eyes shifting to the moon shining in through the opened window, the summers breeze blowing in slightly as the curtains moved.

Looking up at me, the moon's light not giving out too much detail to her face. I kissed her head, then looking back at our hands as they connected mindlessly.

"And a few of them were gifts from family members and friends a while back and I had even got some at some antique shops" I say softly.

"They look lovely on your fingers" she whispers and I couldn't help but smile at her comment.

"It's one of the first things I noticed about you, and I instantly knew it would be one of my favorite things about you" she mumbled and I played with her hair as she nuzzled closer. I thought about what might have been my favorite thing about her when I first saw her.

I closed my eyes picturing it then. Her walking onto the bus. She had worn her formal clothes coming back from work. There had only been a few people on the bus but she didn't seem to care who was on the vehicle as she sat immediately down and looked down at her phone.

She looked tired, a days worth of work showing on her features. I remember when she had gotten up as the bus had slowed. Her hand wrapping around the pole, her weight shifting against it. Her dark hair was against her backside, I wondered what it had felt like between my fingers. What even did it smell like?

As the bus stopped and she had went over to the door, she stopped to turn and talk to the old man who operated the vehicle. I couldn't make out what she had said to him but then it was there.
That smile.

She was full on smiling to whatever conversation they were having. The days exhaustion vanishing from her face just for a moment as she looked alive, awake, and full of life. My insides were twisting all the while feeling like they were being healed. She glanced around the space not even stopping on me or paying any attention to anyone as she waved to the man and stepped off.

And that's when I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

I felt sleep slowly hovering over me more and more as the minutes ticked by. Moving slightly, I glanced at her as she stared off and out the window. The days sunlight diminishing more quickly as we laid here after our nap we had taken not too long ago.

I couldn't believe how easy it felt being with her like this. Most days it was us, together. Whether it was after work for her or me and even on our days off. It felt like we were glued at the hip, inseparable for the past few months.

Granted, I always think she would get sick of being around me and push me away, keeping me at a distance. But I have yet to see that happen. It felt like some fairytale love story we were living.

The silence of the room was peaceful, but without a beat, I hear the rumbling of her stomach. We both in unison let out a laugh, hiding her face in the nook of my neck.