【22】

Harry

My head was pounding.

I felt like I had a concussion. I was slightly worried because now my vision was blurring in my right eye.

What worried me even more was the silence. The silent treatment I was getting from Celeste.

She didn't say a word to me as she told me to go home.

I didn't even put up a fight as I walked to my apartment from the bus stop. I laid on my bed, unsure if I should get myself to a hospital. I felt dizzy here and there. My lip kept bleeding, it was beyond busted. All just fucked up.

I stared down at my phone as I hesitated to send the message.

I'm sorry.

Sending it, I carelessly threw it somewhere on my pillow.

It wasn't the best thing to start a full blown punching fight with that asshole. And now I've made a fool of myself in front of everyone.

By the time I had made it down the block, I could hear the sirens not too far away from the bar.

Days had passed since then, my mind occupied by work. Occasionally I'd look at Maddison and Nikolai as they talked, standing close together before sharing a kiss.

I smiled slightly as I looked back down at the books in my hands. They made a good couple.

I thought I'd give Celeste some space. A few days to settle down and give each other some thinking room.

Then I had sent her flowers today to her work.

I had Dylan messaging me, asking me on what exactly happened. And I decided, hm why not?
I told him how it is, Ashton was a snake in the grass. Trying to get Celeste alone and basically harass her with no one's knowledge.

He couldn't believe it at first.

But the more I talked about it, he thought back on his previous behaviors he had encountered from Ashton. Women always throwing their drinks into his face or slapping him in front of everyone, because he was a disgusting prick.

When I was done with work, I found myself heading straight home, then cooking a meal for myself.

My phone dinged from the table. I walked over to it and looked down at it.

Thank you for the flowers.

I smiled at the picture she had sent of the flowers in a vase, set on her table.

You're welcome babe. I love you

I went about finishing cooking my dinner and sat up on the couch with the plate in my lap as I watched some movie.

It wasn't long until I was FaceTiming my mom as she sent a series of text messages beforehand.

As of right now, we're not 100% cool with one another but it was better than it was when I first left California.

She was showing me her flower garden and then she put me in the biggest guilt trip. Telling me I shouldn't even be far from her anymore. How it's getting hard because Gemma has been too busy with school and then out of no where she's mentioning this surgery she's suppose to have ????

Part of me panicked.

But the other part of me wasn't, not after what happened months ago, the last time I was there.

"What surgery?" I asked, afraid of what it could be.

She hesitated to even say anything as she looked off somewhere. "To remove a tumor" she mumbled so quietly I almost didn't hear.