【20】

Celeste

I looked down at our connected hands as we walked through the airport towards TSA.

My mom wouldn't stop crying as we parted ways out in the front of the airport. I loved my family but being around them for a month was making me slowly go insane. I wanted my space, plus you can just feel the toxicity of that environment. All those memories haunting of what use to be.

And it made me miss home even more as Lydia texted me off and on about her dating someone new, telling me about the new drinks they added on the menu at the coffee shop we went to.

It was a long two hours but I was exhausted and relieved as I trudged into my apartment and fell on the couch. Harry helped with my bags and stood there staring at me as I opened my eyes.

"You need to get some rest" he says as he sets aside my bags. He walks over to me and sits beside me, his fingertips run up my arm slightly and I couldn't help but smile.

"Are you gonna head home?" I asked and he looked away fidgeting with his lip. Looking back at me, he looked at me with that sweet smile.

"As much as I don't want to leave you, I need to go shower and unpack" he says and I watch as he rubs his eyes.

I could psychically see the stress and exhaustion weighing on him, the dark circles making their place under his eyes.

His phone grabs both of our attention as it rings. Pulling it out of his trouser pocket, he looks at it and I could see his mother's name sprawled across the screen. My heart aches at the picture of him and Anne that blew up the background.

He declines it and lets out a sigh as he stands to his feet. He starts fidgeting and I stand to my own feet.

"She has called me over five times since I left" he says and I could hear the emotions behind his voice.

I reach up and grab his face, my thumb tracing over his cheek. "You need time away from them Harry. They don't listen or want to listen" I say as I shake my head.

"They want to put their needs above your own. Thinking you need to be locked away" I say, already feeling my chest tighten.

"I'm here Harry and I am not forcing you to do that" I say and he nods, a ghost of a smile on his plump lips. Reaching up, I kiss his lips softly.

Pulling away, he stared at me and I felt like blushing. That little tug in my heart, I hate the way he easily impacts me.

Walking him out, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Pulling it out as I walked back into my apartment, I saw a text from Lydia.

You're back?!
Meet me at the cafe!

I wanted to tell her I was too tired. But I missed her and that was enough to make me grab my keys and head out the door.

Once I go into the cafe, she shot up from the chair she sat in. Walking over to her, she embraced me in a tight hug.

"Finally, I fucking missed you!" she shouts as she pulls away from me but keeping me at arms length.

"How was it?" she asked as we sat down, she slides a cup over to me. I smiled down at it, knowing she knew my order.

Taking a sip of the coffee, I savored the taste, it felt like a lifetime since I've had this but only short of about 5 weeks.

"It was okay, I enjoyed it but I'm ready to not return for another few years" I let out a laugh and she rolls her eyes at me, a smile appearing on her face.

"So how was spending time with Harry?" she asks and I could already feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

I haven't told her yet.