【4】

"Oh my god" I say as I quickly stand. I find my fingers wrapping around the arms of the chair. "Oh my god" I repeat unable to remain calm. "You're scaring me" Lydia says as she stands with me, coming to my side. "What is going on?" she looks around as she looks back at me. Her face is full of worry and concern and all I can focus on is the table in front of me as I suddenly have a hard time breathing.

In that moment I realize I am having a panic attack. I haven't had one since I moved here. I often had them in high school. Gripping onto Lydia's forearm. I look to the floor "He's here. He's here" is all I could manage to say, repeatedly.

"Who is here?" she asks and she starts to grab our stuff, making the decision to leave. "Let's go Celeste" Lydia says as her attention is adverted towards the door. She ushers me towards it and basically shoves me out. But all I could do was keep looking back as we walked down the street towards the parking garage.

Lydia urgently rushes towards her white Jeep Cherokee and unlocks it. The sound echoing through the garage. As soon as we get in, she locks the doors and starts the car. She swiftly turns to me "Celeste, Who was there?!." All I could do was look to my hands as they slightly tremble in my lap. "The man from the bus. He was following me" I say unsure if I should tell her who he was. But I definitely wouldn't tell her what he did.

Her face becomes lost in thought. Her eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "What? He could have just been there too, you know?" she says as she puts on her seatbelt. Putting her hair up in a ponytail, I could hear the annoyance in her voice as ushers me to put on mine. As I hear the click, she backs out and drives out of the parking garage.

My mind seems to be jumbled and I would hate to think of him as the bad guy. But after what he did, I can't think otherwise. "He knew where I worked" I say breaking the silence. She glances over at me and she looks back to the road. Sitting up straight, she presses her lips together "get a restraining order babe" her nails click at the touchscreen to change the song.

"Until then you are staying with me" she says and her smile appears for a second and I shake my head "oh no. No that's not necessary. You know I will be fine" I say and I can't help but think that's even a lie.

I shouldn't feel unsafe in my own home but I do. We come to a stop at a red light and my mind drifts off to when I saw him sitting there. When I dropped my phone and I-

My eyes widen and I frantically feel my pockets. My phone! Oh no. No no no. I quickly grab my bag from the floor and I check in the pockets. And I push through the stuff in my bag. Just as I thought, I had left it on the floor in the cafe.

"I forgot my phone" I say looking at her. Her eyebrows raise and she lets out a sound between a sigh and a huff. Looking around, she makes a quick turn around towards the cafe. No words are spoken the whole time as we pull up to the building. My stomach churns just thinking that maybe he still is in there.

Getting out of the car, I head inside. Frantically looking around for his face, I see no sign of him. The nerves I had, vanish. Making my way towards the table I sat in no more than 15 minutes ago, I look under it and around it. Groaning, I head towards the counter. "Um excuse me, hi" I say grabbing the baristas attention. "Did anyone turn in a iPhone?." I have hope that someone had and he looks under the counter then shakes his head "no."

Turning away, I hold my face in my hands. Where had it possibly gone? Had someone stolen it? I can't afford to get a new phone. Furrowing my eyebrows, I realize I could go on find my phone.

Heading out of the cafe, I get into the car. "Take me home please" I say as I buckle my seatbelt. She just nods as she puts the car in drive.
···