【7】

Shutting down my computer, I get up putting on my jacket. John and Mandy are still here, much to my surprise. But it was still early and we didn't close for another few hours. Looking at my phone, I could see a text from Harry. 

Harry❤: So your saying you would hang out but you can't? 

I chuckle at his text and shove my phone in my pocket. Harry and I haven't seen each other in a week. I haven't even seen him on the bus. But we had been texting almost everyday. Today, I agreed to meet with Lydia and Amber. My nerves are getting the best of me as I even think about it. Grabbing my bag, I go to head out the door but John steps in my path. "Hey um, I was wondering, I mean I know we don't talk much but I would like to have dinner some time?" he asks. John had started in our office about two months back but that didn't stop me from noticing the glances and shy smile he would always give me. He was a tall man, with soft blue eyes and a well structured face with a sharp jawline and unruly blonde hair. He was a good looking man to say the least. He might have been a few years older than me. 

"I uh- I mean I wouldn't mind?" I say as I adjust my bag on my shoulder. A smile comes across his face, showing his perfect white teeth. "Great. Uh, I will talk to you tomorrow" he says and I nod, giving a shy smile as I head out to the front door. Andrea peers up from whatever shes doing and gives me a smug smile "have a nice day Celeste" and I turn back giving her a wave before heading out the door. 

. . . 

I had thrown a outfit together quite quickly. I had only about forty minutes before meeting them both at this restaurant, a few miles away. Quite close to Harrys place. I had gotten there with a few minutes to spare and found them sitting at a table near the back wall. They looked deep in conversation and my gaze was on Amber. I hadn't seen her since leaving California and the changes she has made to herself was quite surprising. Amber was a skinny brunette who now was with blonde highlights. Her hair wasn't cascading down her back anymore as she cut it short near her shoulders. I couldn't help but notice the shape her body took as she put on a little weight. To say the least, she looked gorgeous. 

Her gaze was now on me and I swallowed hard as I walked over to the table. Lydia standing to hug me. I look to Amber as she hesitates to do the same. I find myself sitting rather quickly on the other side of the table. Her gaze is on the table but she quickly sits up and looks at me. "How are you? You look good" she says and I shrug off my coat while speaking "I am great. Thank you. You look nice as well" I say and she fiddles with her fingers as she rests them on the table. 

A silence falls on all of us and Lydia sits back "so the food here is good?" she asks and Amber nods "I have been here a few times with my cousin" she says and I nod "so you are here for your cousin?" I ask. She seems a little hesitant to answer but she finally settles with "Yeah. He just is having a hard time. Thought I would give him some company. Even though he doesn't want it" she says as she takes a drink of her water. 

I start to think back on the days back in California.  Amber was my best friend, me and her knew each other for years but within the last year of high school, something had happened. It took me a while to figure it out, but this led to her pushing me away and stabbing me in the back. It wasn't just her though, it was our whole circle of friends. I had lost her and several others. Rumors spread around the school and I was deep in this depression. I had hated the people at my school. 

My thoughts are interrupted as the waiter takes our orders. I feel Ambers gaze on as I do so. As we wait for our food, we all chat about different things. My phone buzzes in my lap as a text is sent from Harry. I small smile is on my face as I read it. 

Harry❤: Do you know I have been waiting to see you? Can we see each other tomorrow? 

I quickly send a text back.