【16】

HARRY:

It took everything in me to show her that part of my childhood.

We spent a hour sitting on the porch. Half of it was us just sitting in silence. But the silence was intense, neither of us really knowing what to say.

Nothing was ever gonna be the same. I opened a new door and showed her the reasoning behind my actions.

Todd was the person I hated the most. And something in me shifted when I saw him. I wanted to choke the life out of him.

I had thought back to that night, the night I had lost it.

When I got into it bad with him and I had hurt him badly.

I couldn't have possibly wanted to kill him but to show him how far I'd go to protect myself and the ones I love.

Even if he was my father. My own blood. None of that mattered.

I glanced over at her as I drove back to her house. She wanted me to be more at peace and not stay where all of that negative shit happened.

She insisted on it, even though I had said it was fine. I had told her it's been years since I have been back home and she told me it's been years for her too.

Celeste didn't go into detail all that much other than drama with people.

I wanted her to open up to me but she shut it down the second I started asking more questions. I wanted to know it all, if she was willing to tell me.

It is such a weird situation but I would jump the gun to have her as my girlfriend. But I know its too soon and too much right now.

But I knew for certain she wasn't going anywhere as I wasn't gonna let us be pulled apart. She knows too much to just leave me here.

I reached over and took her hand in mine, her warm skin automatically calming my left over nerves. I wanted to make sure she was okay too.

Pulling over onto the side of the road, I put the car in park. She looked around then at me confused in the dark car. By then it was almost 11 at night. I shouldn't really be doing these things at this time.  Not that this was a dangerous area.

"What?" she asked confused. I gripped onto her hand and looked her in the eyes.

"I know that was pretty heavy on you and I'm sorry. A lot is a bit much when it has come to me. Like the rooftop incident. You didn't have to be there but you were. And I am grateful for you" I say, rubbing my thumb over the top of her hand.

"Thank you for being here and dealing with my bullshit" I say and a smile starts to make its way onto her face.

"Always Harry" she mumbles and before I realize what's happening, she places her hand on my jaw, leaning in and presses her lips to my own.

The kiss lasts longer than expected. Our lips moving together, slow and sensual. I feel her tongue dart out and I smile slightly into the kiss as I delve my tongue into her mouth.

I could then feel her fisting my shirt, holding me against her.

I slowly pull apart and her face says it all as she looked at me. Everything we couldn't possibly say to each other was poured into the kiss.

"Are you okay?" I mumbled and she just nodded as she sat back into the seat.

Turning away, I put the car in drive and I head back onto the road.

By the time we had gotten to her house it was almost midnight. I hope her mom was okay with me showing up with her this late.

Quietly we made our way into the house, not a single light was on. Making our way into her room, she quietly shut the door and locked it.

Before she could even turn on the lights, I walked over to her and hugged her. I wanted Celeste to feel safe with me. I hope she felt that.