【11】

Celestes POV:

Work was slower than usual and I found myself getting bored. I had already finished everything I needed to do, everyday I worked.

I take a sip of my tea as I glance out the window as it starts to rain. Lydia sits across from me with her friend, Dylan.

He was a nice guy, always being there for Lydia when I wasn't. Dylan had been around since I started hanging out with Lydia. She had always claimed they were just friends but in my eyes, I could see it possibly was much more.

My gaze falls onto Dylan's hand as it rests at the back of Lydia's chair, his fingers mindlessly fiddling with parts of her hair. He watches as she types away on her phone and she shows him the screen and he cracks a smile just as she does.

I could see how Lydia liked him, he was a funny guy. He was an attractive guy with his perfect, soft baby face and his puppy brown eyes. They looked so perfect together, I just had wished Lydia would let it happen. She deserved someone like him.

I look down at my tea, playing with the tea bag string. My attention is back on Lydia as she speaks "where is your friend? Harry is it?" she asks. Her eyes searching my face for any emotion and I sit back in my chair.

Scratching at my neck, I look out the window "he is in California, with his family" I say, slightly feeling sad that I haven't seen him. It only has been six days but it's the lack of communication between us that bothers me. We haven't talked since the following day that he left.

"Oh? When does he get back?" she asks and I look at her confused. Why was she asking all these questions?

"I don't really know. Sometime next week" I say as I pick at my nails, suddenly having the urge to paint them.

I look over at her as Dylan leans closer and she looks at him, smiling. A smile slowly makes its way onto my face as I raise up my phone and I quickly take a picture of them. Knowing one day they will end up together, I will share this picture but for now it will remain a secret.

Looking down at my phone, I send Harry a quick text.
Hey.

I somewhat listen as Lydia rambles on about her job. Then suddenly changing topic to her online classes that she is taking. That reminds me, I have to study for my up coming test.

But that doesn't stop my mind from thinking about Harry. I wonder how he is doing and if his mom is okay now. Feeling my phone vibrate in my lap, I glance down at it and chew at my bottom lip as I see the text from Harry.

Hey Love, how are you doing?

Lydia grabs my attention "Celeste" she says and I look up at her. Her eyes squinting slightly at me "were you even listening?" she asks and I press my lips together. Letting out a sigh as I shovel my fingers through my hair "no I am sorry. What were you saying?" I ask.

This time around, I engage in the conversations and I even tell her about me going back to California.

--

Rereading the page for what seems like the tenth time, I shove the book away from me and I rub my temples. Doing homework right now doesn't even seem possible. Deciding on giving it up entirely for right now.

Checking my phone, still no text from Harry. I sent a reply like five hours ago. The time now nearing to six pm, I decide to get ready an hour early.

Lydia and I had planned to meet at the Alibi and have a few drinks. Lydia's birthday is nearing anyways and she celebrates weeks in advance, a tradition.