The Doctor's Daughter 4

The group made their way through the secret doorway into the so-called temple, the Doctor quickly locking the door behind them before Cobb and his men could follow.

"Oh, that was close." Jenny breathed in relief, and the Doctor answered cheekily, "No fun otherwise."

"It's not what I'd call a temple." Donna's voice had the three Time Lords turning to stare at what was behind them.

The Doctor's brow shot up while Jenny gaped at the enormous engine that was right ahead of them while around them were walkways and pipes shaped like the inside of a rocket.

"It looks more like-" Jenny began in awe and the Doctor completed her sentence.

"Fusion drive transport. It's a spaceship."

"What, the original one?" Donna asked, looking to her companions. "The one the first colonists arrived in? "

The redhead then blinked before looking around searchingly while the Doctor answered thoughtfully, "Well, it could be, but the power cells would have run down after all that time. This one's still powered-up and functioning."

"Where's Terry?"

The Doctor whirled around in alarm at Donna's question; before he sighed in relief as Terry popped her head around a corner.

"Come on, you lot." She called. "You're slowing me down."

"One day," the Doctor grumbled as he led the other two after Terry where she was scurrying up the stairs. "Your impatience is going to get you into trouble."

"Oh, Doctor, who do you think I learnt it all from?" Terry chuckled. "You can only blame yourself!"

That had him grinning, but it wasn't for long as they reached the upper floor only to find sparks flying from the door at the end of the walkway from where someone was cutting through the metal.

"It's the Hath." Jenny gasped as they all paused to stare uneasily at the door. "That door's not going to last much longer. And if General Cobb gets through down there, war's going to break out."

"Not if we can help it." Terry replied as she and the Doctor made to dash off again - when the Doctor stopped beside a console station.

"Look, look, look, look, look." He called, pulling Terry to a halt beside him. "Ship's log."

He whipped on his glasses before typing quickly on the keyboard, pulling up data.

"First wave of Human/Hath co-colonisation of planet Messaline." He read while Terry observed him.

"You know, I meant to say earlier but you really are sexy with your glasses on."

Jenny and Donna stared at Terry while the Doctor looked rather amused.

"Why, thank you, angel." He preened and Donna smacked her face in her hand.

"Oh, flirting." The redhead groaned at the same time Jenny demanded, "Is this the time?"

"Probably not." Terry agreed. "But then again, we are possibly about to become embroiled in a war that may take our lives. And it would be a shame to die with an unsaid compliment."

"It's always the time for compliments, Jenny - lesson thirty-four." The Doctor added approvingly before he continued to read off the screen. "Phase one, construction. They used robot drones to build the city."

"Doesn't explain the bloody war." Donna pointed out, making the Doctor frown.

"No... it doesn't." He muttered before scrolling down to continue reading. "Phase two initiated... Final entry. 'Mission commander dead'?"